Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18, 2007   #1
Earl
Tomatovillian™

Default 2007 CHOPTAG Tomato Taste Fest results

2007 CHOPTAG Tomato Taste Fest Observations

First let me say I have permission from the President to make this first post [he’s busy at some dinner or some such function and didn’t have to go home and juice 3 gallons of tomatoes collected from CHOPTAG tables which will be canned tomorrow and shared as CHOPTAGer Juice at this coming Plant Share Meet.] :-)

Pictures will come later after the commentary. Let me say that CHOPTAGers [and tomato growers in general] are the greatest people to be with!!!! There’s a few exceptions as always, but tomato growers are a breed apart. I don’t know why, I just except it as fact.

I had a wonderful time as did Kathy and Walt [Kathy’s dad].

I wondered if David was going to show up [a few private smiles as to why], but he did. By Golly he took the place by storm. Had the best looking table of tomatoes [for which he didn’t get an award] but he took Best Looking and Best Tasting! Plus he’s a real gentleman. Jerry tried to shovel off the CHOPTAG presidency onto David but he declined the honor. :-) Jerry refuses to admit he been elected for life, sort of like a King saddled with the responsibility of taking care of a bunch of waifs. :-)

I got to meet a lot of new CHOPTAGers, and I won’t call their names because I can’t remember all of them. LOL! Terry won the Largest Award and Ken won the Ugliest Award. I hope everyone who attended will post something about the event which they enjoyed. And please, if you took pictures please post them.