Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 6, 2017   #1
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Default Done for now

Pretty much all my miscellaneous vegetables are done for now. I just pulled up all my squash which are still making and healthy; but we are just tired of them and they are taking over the garden. Each plant I pulled up was over 8 ft long and 6 or 7 feet across. I also pulled most of my cucumbers which are now showing definite signs of nematodes which were confirmed when I saw the roots. I left a couple of cantaloupe vines because there are still a couple of decent looking fruits nearly ready on them but we are also a little tired of them also. The trouble with cantaloupe is you make a ton of them all in a week or two and they don't keep. By the end of the weekend I should have a garden with only tomatoes and peppers in it which will simplify taking care of everything during the hottest months of the year.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote