Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a favorite recipe that's always a hit with family and friends? Share it with us!

Old 1 Day Ago   #8236
PlainJane
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I'm having my homemade habanero clam chowder from the freezer because I'm chilled to the bone.
It is only 52 degrees but the humidity is 73% and it feels cold, been in it all day.
I know. I made a pot of chili as we just can’t warm up. Got the down comforter out too.
PlainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #8237
PlainJane
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcgrady View Post
Rigatoni Pie with FEMA dogs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is AWESOME!
Old 21 Hours Ago   #8238
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Chili beans (mayocoba) with BBQ'ed 7 Bone roast cubed up and simmered in the beans, about a handful and a half of chili powder, extra cumin, salt to taste.
Old 21 Hours Ago   #8239
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Beans cooking.
IMG_20190116_23715.jpg
Old 20 Hours Ago   #8240
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Good looking beans Worth. My special beans are an instant pot of pinto beans. Our daughters special beans are a large pot of many varieties as a bean soup. Both are delicious so we make a lot and trade some.

Beans and rice and a garden salad for dinner tonight. No breakfast and no lunch. I've lost four or five lbs in the last ten days. Three or four more lbs down and I will celebrate with a hamburger. I like cheap eating and I like eating healthy food.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Hours Ago   #8241
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainJane View Post
I know. I made a pot of chili as we just can’t warm up. Got the down comforter out too.

I look forward to really cold temps at night. We turn our thermostat down to the low sixty's and pile the blankets on. I take a hot shower and climb into a cold bed. I pull a blanket over my head and spend a great night sleeping. One of our dogs has long hair and isn't bothered by the cold temps in the house. The other dog has short hair, so she has a small blanket which she rolls up in and sleeps as good as I do.

Last edited by DonDuck; 20 Hours Ago at 08:58 PM.
Old 20 Hours Ago   #8242
PlainJane
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
I look forward to really cold temps at night. We turn our thermostat down to the low sixty's and pile the blankets on. I take a hot shower and climb into a cold bed. I pull a blanket over my head and spend a great night sleeping.
It is better sleeping to have it cool at night. It also makes the cats leach onto us, lol.
I think part of the ‘chill’ feeling is psychological. These last few days really haven’t been THAT cold, but it just feels so raw. It’s Florida so we only have a few days of this at a time, luckily.
Old 19 Hours Ago   #8243
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainJane View Post
It is better sleeping to have it cool at night. It also makes the cats leach onto us, lol.
I think part of the ‘chill’ feeling is psychological. These last few days really haven’t been THAT cold, but it just feels so raw. It’s Florida so we only have a few days of this at a time, luckily.

It was 55 degrees and windy most of the afternoon and I was comfortable working outside. It has now been dark for about three hours. It is still 55 degrees outside and windy. I walked to the shop (75 yards from the house) a few minutes ago and really regretted not wearing a jacket. Why do identical conditions feel different at night and in the day.
Old 2 Hours Ago   #8244
upcountrygirl
Tomatovillian™

We haven't had sausage, peppers, & onions for a while..think that will be supper tonight with some jasmine rice and corn on the cob.
upcountrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote