Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old March 22, 2006   #16
Dave_Z6
CHOPTAG™

Val:
Please put me down for a Guido.
With a good Italian name like that, it just has to be good.
Thanks,
Dave
Old March 22, 2006   #17
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Val,

I don’t remember requesting a Ceylon. I think that was Earl. But then my memory isn't what it used to be. Hey, bring it along who knows who might want it.

I do remember promising you a Sungold so I’ll add that to my ‘bring to plant swap’ list.

No Guido as of the time I left the house this morning.
Old March 22, 2006   #18
valereee
Tomatovillian™

Jerry, okay, I re-edited you off the Ceylon list. So that means I have a Ceylon up for grabs still.

Dave, I'll put your name on a Guido. That's it for extras on Guido -- I sowed 6, got 4 seedlings, and lost 2 to stuck seed coats that didn't respond to the spit treatment.

Val
Old March 22, 2006   #19
ZBQ
Tomatovillian™

Ok guys,
I think you are getting to me.
I am planning on coming barring any unforseen events.

Jerry,
I would like:
Neves Azorean Red (looks wonderful in the pics)
Guido
Dinner Plate
Italian Sweet
and both of the Brandywines

Lisa,
I would like:
Kelloggs Breakfast
Green Zebra

I have talked to Earl via e-mail and we both love to do slow smoked meats. What would you guys say to having a taste test between Earl and I's pulled pork? I might even throw in some other treats affectionately called "Atomic Buffalo Turds" :wink: (I didn't name them, I just smoke 'em!! 8)
The guys at work have treatened to do horrible things to my body if I didn't bring them some in!!

Thanks guys, you guys are really growing on me!!
Neil 8)
Old March 22, 2006   #20
Earl
Tomatovillian™

Neil,
Challenge accepted! We'll have a pulled pork jamboree at the meet. I've never done any of them Atomic thingamabobs, so I'll have to come with something else.

Sounds like we're gonna have a great time this May meet.
Old March 23, 2006   #21
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

YeeHaa!! We hooked another one. I can tell Neil has succumbed to the great tomato forces. Or is it the food? Not important. He’s hooked now.

I’ll put you down for Neves Azorean Red
Guido
Dinner Plate
Italian Sweet
and both of the Brandywines
Old March 23, 2006   #22
Dave_Z6
CHOPTAG™

Well now that the First CHOPTAG Pulled Pork Challenge is official, I know who the winner will be. ALL OF US. !!!!!
If it's OK with the cooks, I'll sign up to provide three dozen buns, plates and napkins. Can't wait !!!
Dave
Old March 23, 2006   #23
Earl
Tomatovillian™

Dave, sounds fine to me if it does to Neil? Maybe we can get a three way cook off going? Mark once or twice has said he's been known to do some lip-smackng pulled pork?

One thing about pulled pork and the spring plant share meet, we don't have to worry about the PP getting in the way of tomato tasting. :-)
Old March 23, 2006   #24
ZBQ
Tomatovillian™

Dave,
Sounds like a plan!! Thanks!

Jerry,
Many thanks!! I just hope that I can live up to your standards since you guys already have a Pork King!! We shall see! I am really looking forward to this and I think the wife just might come along! 8)

(All I will have to do is tell her that she can't have any PP unless she comes along and I would bet she beats me to the truck!! )

Just curious, how far is Bass Pro Shops from there? I don't think it should be that far. Thinking of stopping there after the meet up.

Later Maters!
Neil 8)
Old March 24, 2006   #25
BrokenAppleTree
CHOPTAG™

Hey Neil,
Bass Pro is on the other side of town from where we will be. But, if you've come down that far, what's an extra 30-45 minute drive (depends on traffic). You may even be a little closer to home after the Bass Pro visit.
Looking forward to the meeting you, are you going to bring any of your buddies? Bring 'em along even if they don't have any plants (or food) to offer. There will be more than enough of both to share!

Best Regards,
Brian
Old March 24, 2006   #26
valereee
Tomatovillian™

Neil, it's highway the entire way, so it's a pretty easy drive to Bass Pro.

Val
Old March 24, 2006   #27
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Neil,

The Bass Pro Shop is in the Cincinnati Mills shopping complex located in the Springdale, OH area.

This is West of Paxton Ramsey Park at the Winton Rd. Exit off I-275. Yahoo says 16.7 miles – 21 minutes.

See the link: http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newa...OH&tcountry=us

If it’s sports related and you can’t find it there it hasn’t been invented yet.
Old March 24, 2006   #28
Earl
Tomatovillian™

LOL. Looks like this plant share meet is starting to 'rev' up.

At the old place, folks liked to read about CHOPTAG events, for a lot them it was a sort of 'I wish I could'a been there thing or dang, I'm gonna get one of them goin'' and them feeling good about reading about it. I guess they still can, but they gotta come over here to do it. :-)

I really like having our own forum. Thanks, Mr. M.

BTW, if those Kimberlys keep growing I may have to rent a U-Haul to take them to the meet. Some are starting to get small tomatoes. :-)

Which reminds me. The greenhouse, after being a pain to get setup [because of weather and my decrepidness], is a delight. If you don't have one, find a way to get one. I've been heating it with a couple small electric heaters set on automatic low so the cost shouldn't be all that much.
Old March 25, 2006   #29
Lee
Tomatopalooza™ Moderator

You guys are killin' me!
TWO pulled pork feasts available. If I wasn't so busy, and gas wasn't so high, I might drive up again just for that! (Don't need any more plants )

Lee
Old March 26, 2006   #30
Tom_Ato
Tomatovillian™

Well, I don't know what I'll have to bring. Like Jerry, I just planted my seeds a couple days ago. We'll see what comes up.

Earl, post a picture of that greenhouse--or maybe you have already. Do you have a bunch of blackened milk jugs in there like Brian does?

Ken