Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old July 1, 2016   #121
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Thanks everyone, I have about 20 cherry tomato plants, they are just now starting to grow well, I plant cherries in the worst spots and soil since they don't suffer much from it but are lagging behind a bit.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2016   #122
wildcat62
Tomatovillian™

Thats a great looking table of goodies. Good Luck.
wildcat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2016   #123
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Well you have sold me on Dwarf Mr. Snow. I will have to try it next year. I have not been much of a fan of the yellow type tomatoes as they are too bland. The only one I really have liked was Limmony. You might want to try it.
Old July 2, 2016   #124
Bodhi Peace
Tomatovillian™

those aren't your garden-variety cherry tomatoes
Bodhi Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2016   #125
Kazedwards
Tomatovillian™

Wow looks great BVV.

-Zach
Old July 3, 2016   #126
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

It was so hot yesterday but we had a light breeze around 10 am that kept it bearable. People were very impressed with the colors of tomatoes and we made a ton of sells to new customers. I have started giving some of the cooler people free tomatoes with bad spots and that seemed to really put a smile on faces.

Orange Jazz was an attention getter and sold well, but I did bring some home. One thing that made me feel at ease with my prices was the R&R guy across from me started at $2&$3 dollars per lb and dropped to $1:50&$2 at around 10 am because we were selling way more tomatoes than him. It didn't seem to matter though.

So far I feel satisfied with how my first year is going trying to be a real vendor. I am learning so much and it really is fun. I'm excited to continue building trellises and new beds. I think I may even try 25 mmushroom logs this fall. Some pics of yesterday. I'm using this thread as a catch-all for pics y'all so don't feel like you need to reply to everything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160702_075922-resized-960.jpg (181.9 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 20160702_080051-resized-960.jpg (166.8 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 20160702_080014-resized-960.jpg (214.5 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 20160702_080037-resized-960.jpg (181.1 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 20160702_080244-resized-960.jpg (186.1 KB, 167 views)
Old July 3, 2016   #127
RobinB
Tomatovillian™

Looks really great! Wow, how many Orange Jazz plants do you have! Mine are just setting fruit so it's going to be a while before I can taste it.

How old is your little one? Cute!
RobinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2016   #128
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, I have 10 OJ plants. They are very productive. More so than most hybrids I've grown. Cora is 8 1/2 months old.
Old July 3, 2016   #129
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Well Cora sure is an attention getter!!! It is no wonder that the guy across from you hasn't many sales. That little one is cute enough for me to empty my whole purse just to get a few smiles from her.

P.S. The veggies look very nice too.
Old July 5, 2016   #130
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Lol yeah all the vendors come by to see her and everyone is amazed by how good she is. We are truly blessed, that child has been smiling since she came into this crazy world.
Old July 5, 2016   #131
loudog
Tomatovillian™

Produce looks great! Looks like your hard work is paying off. Hope you have a great season!Cute Kid! Louie
loudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2016   #132
Bodhi Peace
Tomatovillian™

look at the color on that orange jazz
Bodhi Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2016   #133
My Foot Smells
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanVader View Post
It was so hot yesterday but we had a light breeze around 10 am that kept it bearable. People were very impressed with the colors of tomatoes and we made a ton of sells to new customers. I have started giving some of the cooler people free tomatoes with bad spots and that seemed to really put a smile on faces.

Orange Jazz was an attention getter and sold well, but I did bring some home. One thing that made me feel at ease with my prices was the R&R guy across from me started at $2&$3 dollars per lb and dropped to $1:50&$2 at around 10 am because we were selling way more tomatoes than him. It didn't seem to matter though.

So far I feel satisfied with how my first year is going trying to be a real vendor. I am learning so much and it really is fun. I'm excited to continue building trellises and new beds. I think I may even try 25 mmushroom logs this fall. Some pics of yesterday. I'm using this thread as a catch-all for pics y'all so don't feel like you need to reply to everything.
The pictures attached to this thread are priceless. What a happy looking family and beautiful little girl, you are blessed. Soak it up.
My Foot Smells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2016   #134
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Thanks y'all, I really do appreciate it. Just know that my success is in large part thanks to all the wonderful souls here sharing seeds, knowledge and encouragement. I try to remind myself daily how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family and I try to live in the present as much as I can.
Old July 11, 2016   #135
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Another good day at market. We had several repeat customers and ended up selling everything but a few Taxi which we traded for some peaches. My later tomatoes - Daniel Burson/Chocolate Stripe and ISPL are all starting to ripen now. More market and garden pics.