Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old May 26, 2013   #16
SIP Gro-Tubs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtex View Post
It is at your house, please send asap!

Takes me 5 mins a day to fill them, maybe next year. My slab is old and has settled, pretty sure it isn't level.

- Scott

Why not check the slope with 2 buckets and 1/2" tubing, basic water level. Slopes of 2" will mean that the downhill reservoirs would stay filled and the uphill reservoirs would be 2" filled. Or you can set the valve bucket on the high side and put different sized spacers under the downhill containers, and get more even water in the reservoirs.

As for your gro-bags they can be converted also into SIP's, all the parts are availble in your neighborhood stores. I, use HD, and Ewing for my plumbing supplies. And then I, buy a lot of containers from the dollar stores.

In a week or so, I'll have to go buy 5 Gro-Bags at Wallyworld. I'll get 5 containers from DG, and set up a demo, also get some basil, thats a fast grower, set up a bucket for continous watering. And plant them without using any peatmoss or compost.

Just have to wait and see, probably by the 3rd - 4th week of June.

Terry Layman

Last edited by SIP Gro-Tubs; May 26, 2013 at 05:57 PM.
SIP Gro-Tubs is offline   Reply With Quote