Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 30, 2017   #1
mouka_f_slouka
Tomatovillian™

Default I need seeds please

Howdy all?

I have not been in this forum for a while. There are many reasons for this. However the main reason is that in February of this year, my house burned down to the ground. I am still renting and waiting for my house to be rebuilt.
I did rent a plot at a local community garden. I have purchased seedlings and was able to get all my tomato plants to grow. I have lost 3 or 4 pepper and a couple of cucumber plants. My season seems to be going just fine. I am expecting a really good harvest of tomatoes this year.
I still will need ANY seeds any of you might be kind enough to share with me. I will need some herb seeds too.
My real name is Saeed Jellouli and you can Google my name with the keyword fire and you will find out how horrible this year has been for me.
I appreciate anything anyone here is willing to share with me. I will send stamped letters if needed.
Thanks a lot and may your season be filled with plenty of nice vegetables and juicy and tasty tomatoes.
mouka_f_slouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2017   #2
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Oh my! Iam so sorry for you. we had a fire last year and burned our business excavating shop/ building ... total loss. I can't even begin to imagine a house. that is devastating. Hopefully you will be getting back in before you know it. It seems so painfully slow while getting there. just like waiting on the fire dept... it seems like forever. we live 3 miles from them... it took them too long to get here. then they had no way to deal with getting it out since it was a metal building and couldn't get inside to extinguish it. we had to "help" by ripping open the front of the building with our equipment so they could get water to it.... sorry I dont have many seeds to share but maybe a list of what you use would be more helpful than just any seeds. some you my not want or need if you get lots of them. I have some commercial basil seeds in abundance if you want them and maybe a few traded tomato seeds... let me know.

Last edited by clkeiper; July 1, 2017 at 01:46 PM.
clkeiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2017   #3
imp
Tomatovillian™

That was a terrible loss for you and your family. Maybe also get in on the tomato seed swap this fall/winter via a sponsor, that would also help.

Abd, yes, put up a list and people can see what you can use.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2017   #4
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Saeed, I'm so sorry for all that has happened to you! Since you might need seeds for everything it might be best to get someone to sponsor you in the MMMM seed swap, as Imp suggested. The sponsor sends seeds into the swap on your behalf. You get seeds in return. You would be able to get a lot of tomatoes, plus peppers & beans, plus whatever bonus seeds people send in. (for a look at what you get in return, there are photos at three or four of the posts in a row, here:http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost....&postcount=488 )

Or you can be sponsored in the "Nifty fifty" portion of the seed swap, and get 50 different tomato seed packs. (Nifty 50 is described in this thread: http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=44112 )

I am participating in both the regular MMMM and the Nifty 50 and would be happy to sponsor you in either or both if you decide you want that.

MMMM categories I intend to participate in (you get back about 10 of each type): cherry/currant, red (several, so more than 10 packets), black, pink, bicolor, orange/yellow, heart, early, bush/snap beans, sweet/ornamental pepper. This takes place in December/January/February. PM me if you want my sponsorship.

Nan
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2017   #5
Dak
Tomatovillian™

I hope your son was able to get a new wheelchair. (I saw your family picture, my great nephew is your son's doppelgänger).

Are there any seeds you're looking to replace?
Dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2017   #6
HudsonValley
Tomatovillian™

After such a trying year, it's wonderful that you're rebuilding your home, your garden, and your seed library. I'd be happy to send seeds; I have mostly herb, eggplant, tomato, and pepper seed. Please PM me your mailing address.
HudsonValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2017   #7
jillian
Tomatovillian™

It's devastating beyond words to have your house burned to the ground, I stood with my sister among the smoldering debris as they lost everything. My heart goes out to you and your family, so glad you all were unharmed and are rebuilding.

I have lots of different varieties of seeds (tomatoes, peppers, herbs etc) , not in large quantities but I would be more than happy to send a few seeds of all that I have. So yes please post your wanted varieties.

Blessings!
Jillian
jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2017   #8
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Sorry to hear of your fire. I hope you can get things back to normal soon.

I can truly sympathize. In 2011 my wife and I lost our home, all vehicles, every possession in our house and the business where we both worked in a tornado. That gets your attention in a hurry and took a lot of time, effort and help to overcome. I wish you and your family well.

Sorry, I don't have any seeds as I haven't began that process yet.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2017   #9
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Are you wanting the seeds for next spring?
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2017   #10
MdTNGrdner

I also can share seeds, just PM your address. I have melon, squash, cuke, tomatoes, okra, maybe beans & some flowers.
Old July 2, 2017   #11
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Might be a bit late this year but if you re-post next season...
(Winter)...we will hook you up with just about anything you need with
A list. I have just about everything a garden needs and many seeds.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2017   #12
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Anyone who's willing can send to the MMMM packs labeled "Seed for Saeed", and I'll make up a bubble mailer for him.

Saeed, I'm hoping you can list several different types of veggie/fruit seed and the amount of seeds for each that you'd like, in this thread. Otherwise, we just might overwhelm you with too much.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9, 2017   #13
Solanum315
Tomatovillian™

I will send you seeds of anything on my blog.

http://worldtomatoes.blogspot.com

Send me a private message of what you would like and your address.

http://worldtomatoes.blogspot.com/
Solanum315 is offline   Reply With Quote