Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 24, 2016   #13
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwavec View Post
Sorry, MrSalvage but I think you are misdescribing almost everything. Look at your waterline
from the well to the home. You say 202' downhill and then 63' uphill but I do not believe for
one second that these numbers are the vertical difference. The picture just does not look like
a 202' change in elevation. Then look at your "uphill" portion. The line you draw for that part,
although it may not be fully representative, is not even equal to the height of the home, which
surely is not more than about twenty feet.

You need to understand that water pressure in a closed system depends on the vertical
distance and that the horizontal distances really have nothing to do with it until you start
running water through those pipes and hoses. I suggest you go and get yourself an
inexpensive laser level and measure those vertical differences, in steps if you have to.
Then you will have a much better idea of what you need to do.
Hey how are you doing? This drawing I made only represents the amount of distance between points on the ground. I did this with a 100 ft tape measure. So this drawing is in no way a factual representation of elevation or vertical distance in any way shape or form man. However a picture is worth a thousand words & that's why I posted it.

I think I do have a pocket laser that I can place on the top of the Well. Then get a measurement of where the laser hits the Mobile Home. If i had to guess it looks like the laser would hit right at the top of the back window. Then I could measure how many feet it is to the ground & or hose bib. I wonder if that kind of measurement would help?

Thanks for your post and the idea!

Now I have my 5 gallon bucket and hose set up to measure GPM at the garden. So I will have that data a little later today.

Thanks
Bill
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote