Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 6, 2022   #1
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

Default UKRAINE TRIBUTE GROW OUT details and deadline

Hi folks!

I hope people have enjoyed growing out and spreading the word about some wonderful Ukrainian tomato varieties! I know many have been saving seeds for this swap and I am excited about getting new seeds into your hands.

DETAILS:
- Make sure your seeds are dry!

-Make multiple packets of at least 5 seeds. Label packets with variety name, date, brief description (i.e. 5-7 oz Orange, mid season) Easiest way to do this is create a Word document duplicating each packet's details. Print, cut and slip into each pack.

-Make a SASE to include in your package to me so I can send different seeds back to you. Put 2 stamps on a standard legal sized envelope.

- PM me with your name and the varieties you are sending. I will PM you back with the shipping address.

-DEADLINE- OCTOBER 15. Seeds must be received in Denver by this date.

My goal is to be able to send each participant at least 5 different Ukrainian varieties.

So how many packets should you make? Hard to answer, but make as many packets as you are able.

In communicating with Ukrainian tomato breeders,Tania(who is in direct communication), and some seed companies over there, it appears many of their homes and greenhouses have been destroyed. The good news is they have kept their seeds safe and are continuing to try to grow despite their horrific circumstances. Bravo to them all!

Please know every seed sent in will find homes. If there are extra seeds I will post so they can be distributed.

Any questions?

Thanks to everyone in advance!
Heide
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2022   #2
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

Hi everyone- Just making sure no one else has seeds in transit or seeds to send. I am hoping to close this out and get seeds out.
Thanks!
Old November 10, 2022   #3
FarmerShawn
Tomatovillian™

While I did grow and saved seeds from several Ukrainian varieties, they are still on the paper plates, waiting for me to have time to pack them up. So sorry I have missed the boat on this one!
Shawn
Old November 10, 2022   #4
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

Shawn-you always rock out on these things. You definitely get a pass!
Old November 19, 2022   #5
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

Hello lovely tomato friends-here to report all Ukraine Tribute envelopes were posted today. They will hopefully be in your mailboxes around Thanksgiving. Thanks to everyone for doing their best to participate
Heide
Old February 1, 2023   #6
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default Got my seeds from Ukraine

Went online for some Greek Elephant Gigantes beans for growout.Took a chance and ordered.They came today,with some free seeds to boot!I know it’s late for the tribute but here is the info and images.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 43536902-61BC-445A-8D3A-D2B36D55EC3B.jpg (117.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg CECC0BF0-D985-4472-A78A-1D00DE09D97A.jpg (188.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 4AF52AB7-16F3-48C7-A41A-219459B38957.jpg (268.1 KB, 47 views)