Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 5, 2018   #1
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

Default Flea beetles,leaf borers,little white flies and now spider mites?

I know some of you can relate to this. So far this has been the worst pest season I have ever seen. Denver's weather has been all over the place. It is unseasonably hot now. We have had very little rain, lots of hail, and they say it is the worst mosquito outbreak and pollen season they have had in 18 years.

I would love if anyone could look at my pics and help identify the multiple things going on. Here's the thing-there are earth boxes in several areas, two different areas with large raised beds as well as some potted tomatoes. I have sprayed with garden safe, shot the leaves with water, sprayed essential oil/dawn spray,gave extra TTF...nothing is stopping the issues and in fact I feel they are increasing. I am exhausted and feel like the worst might be spider mites (which I have never had before)and I need to treat fast because things are spreading quickly in all 4 areas. I have looked at the undersides of leaves but don't see mites. I do see webbing but we have a lot of cottonwoods here and the cotton is flying like crazy. Plus, are all spiders necessarily bad?

If anyone has any time or input I would sure appreciate it. Per Bill's recipe I have ordered permethrin 10%, earth grade DE and I have Dawn waiting. Is that the best mode of attack to all these buggers? I don't want to lose the crop. I am going to send several posts with pics.

Thank you so much-
Heide
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2225.jpg (602.5 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2227.jpg (269.2 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2228.jpg (393.7 KB, 96 views)
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote