Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Old December 17, 2008   #16
annecros
Tomatovillian™

We've already given away an estimated 10 pounds. Earlies (Silvery Fir Tree) from three plants growing in Homer Buckets. We have 40+ more plants, loaded with greenies.

I don't mind giving away the so/so tomatoes, but yeah, enough is enough.
annecros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2008   #17
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

I know where you are coming from Worth, our closet neighbour is the same,all take and no give.At least i know that its not just me, everyone in the area does and gives them nothing.
So for people like them and it seems the world full of them,they are the loser in the end

Look after the good folk and they look after you.
Medbury Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2008   #18
piegirl
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

Well, I wouldn't have to worry about money disappearing from the jar, the jar itself disappearing! But since I live half a block from a huge church who just plopped a half block long parking lot on the corner - well, they might just become good customers - this is a very wealthy church. Great ideas! Of course I share with some very good neighbors and friends. Piegirl
piegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2008   #19
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

money disappearing from the jar, the jar itself disappearing!

Actually that has been our experience just a couple of times in about 10 years. Usually when we forget to put the jar away at nite. Even then tho we only lost maybe $10 each time. We try to leave only enough change in the jar for a $10 bill. -- 1 $5, 4 singles and some quarters.We check and empty the jar several times / day.

We've thought about making the jar something attached solid, tho haven't worked out how yet.
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2008   #20
tantaw0
Tomatovillian™

Default Garage Sell

I think you may sell some tomatoes by setting up in your driveway. I have never tried to sell tomatoes like but I do sell tomato plants basicly the same way.

I sell heirloom tomato plants on my website each year, about 1,000. Several years ago, kind of an after thought I put up a "Tomato Plants for Sale" on each end of the block where I live and put tomato plants in my driveway. To my surprise I sold about 500 plants! I only did this on a Friday afternoon and a Saturday moring. I have been doing this every year since then with great success. I incourage you to "go for it". You may be surprised at how many tomatoes you will sell!
Good luck,
Dave
tantaw0 is offline   Reply With Quote