Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion for successfully cultivating potatoes, the world's fourth largest crop.

Old January 22, 2013   #1
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

Default tomwagnerseeds.com

http://www.tomwagnerseeds.com/

Tom has not officially said to kick the tires yet, but this is the new site and there are several items already loaded.

DarJones
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2013   #2
Darren Abbey
Tomatovillian™

It appears we have overloaded the new website.

That said, there were some interesting varieties there before it went down.
Darren Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2013   #3
Boutique Tomatoes
Tomatovillian™

The www.newworldcrops.com site also has the storefront open now, Rob sent out a notice just about an hour ago.
Boutique Tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2013   #4
tim.connel
Tomatovillian™

So, are these both legitimate websites of Tom Wagner? I managed to place an order for Muddy Waters on newworldcrops.com before the store went down. Then I found tomwagnerseeds.com and thought it was wierd that he would have two stores with different inventories.
tim.connel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2013   #5
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.connel View Post
So, are these both legitimate websites of Tom Wagner? I managed to place an order for Muddy Waters on newworldcrops.com before the store went down. Then I found tomwagnerseeds.com and thought it was wierd that he would have two stores with different inventories.
They are both legit

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2013   #6
Boutique Tomatoes
Tomatovillian™

See the post here about the new site http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=26209
Boutique Tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2013   #7
muffin
Tomatovillian™

I went to the site and was interested in TPS, but twice have emailed and get no response...so wont order if I cannot get a response to a modest question...
muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2013   #8
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin View Post
I went to the site and was interested in TPS, but twice have emailed and get no response...so wont order if I cannot get a response to a modest question...
I talked to Tom the other day on the phone. He told me he is REALLY swamped right now with all kinds of projects. It's no excuse, but I am pretty sure that is why he is slow to respond.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2013   #9
Atash
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin View Post
This is Rob, the business end of the business of New World Seeds & Tubers aka newworldcrops.com . I understand that you are frustrated and I want to help.

If you send an inquiry to rob@nameofourdomain.com (substituting the name of our domain for nameofourdomain.com--otherwise if I post it, I'll get even more spam than I already do...), I will get it directly and will answer it to the best of my ability. If it's a technical question requiring Tom's input I'll call him.

It will help if you can tell me enough about what you need to know that I can answer it right off the bat, without needing to ask for more details.

We have a small backlog of customer service requests, and orders too truth be told, but not out of line for a business that gets a crush of orders all at once upon opening up for the year. This isn't an "excuse"; it's a fact of occupying a niche market not sufficiently lucrative to run as bigger than a 2-man operation. We simply could not afford to have a dedicated customer service representative, so that when Tom or I are answering inquiries, we're not packing orders.

We appreciate your interest in our seeds and we want to reward your business with your complete satisfaction.
Atash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2013   #10
Atash
Tomatovillian™

I appreciate the overwhelming interest in Tom's seeds. Here's how you can help us deliver your seeds and answer your questions more promptly.

1. Please don't send us any more inquiries about tomwagnerseeds.com. It's not our business. The owner is an amazing and highly-capable man, but we can't answer questions for him. Despite the name, it's not our business. He used Tom's name with implicit permission to do so, for reasons that make sense, but regrettably it does cause some confusion. We appreciate your understanding.

2. Please don't email or worse, call Tom directly for business questions. This is very disruptive to our operations for many different reasons, including distracting Tom, and that we end up burning up time answering the same question multiple times, because I can't tell that he's already answered a question by phone or his personal email.

3. Please be specific when asking us for help. Telling me "your website doesn't work", when hundreds of people have successfully used it, burns up my time and yours too for me to have to ask more questions to find out what the exact nature of the problem is. If you got a message from the system, it would be helpful to know what it was.

4. If your question was about an order, it would help me a lot to know the order number. A lot of inquiries I get, I have nothing to go on, sometimes not even a name. Sometimes the email is no help, because many people use one email address to order (typically a generic hotmail or gmail address, because they fear spam, though we don't spam people), but then inquire using another address.

5. Please don't send any more "special orders" for anything less than enough money to make it worth our while, and please ask first. We regularly receive orders for unlisted items, without even asking us if we can accommodate them. Enough money to make it worth our while is on the order of at least a few hundred dollars. Tom has been bending over backwards up to now, but it detracts from our ability to serve other customers.

6. Read the Conditions of Use (aka Terms of Service...Business Terms...) before placing an order. Placing an order implies you agree with them. If you don't, then please don't order.

Help us deliver the customer service you deserve. Thanks!
Atash is offline   Reply With Quote