Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old April 17, 2007   #46
Melissa
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Gary, I am really going to try to make it, but will let you know for sure closer to time. What would be the best food item to bring? I'm close, so I can do about anything.
Old April 17, 2007   #47
Earl
Tomatovillian™

tomatoaddict,
Do you want me to put you down for a Wes plant? It's an excellent heart type. As to bringing something baked, just surprise us since everyone likes surprises. :-)
Old April 17, 2007   #48
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Tomatoadditc

I’ve got an extra Australian Heart - Regular leaf plant produces fruit that are large, red, heart-shaped with few seeds. Let me know if you want me to bring one for you.
Old April 17, 2007   #49
tomatoaddict

Thanks Earl ... I think Mz. Mudcat is bringing me a Wes. I didn't realize it was a heart variety. I was reading a post by Carolyn and she was giving it very high marks and it made me want to try it. I didn't look up any info just going on Carolyns praise of it. Thanks for the offer and dessert will be a suprise.
Jerry, I would love an Australian Oxheart. I think I am bringing something for you aren't I. Was it Phantom? I know this is terrible. I had two requests for 2 different tomatoes, both of which I am bringing, but am not sure who asked for them. Hoping the people that wanted them remember better than I do. Thanks for the plant.
Can't wait to meet you all. I came down with a cold today and all I could think was "thank God I have it now and didn't get it during Choptag".
Old April 18, 2007   #50
Miss_Mudcat
Tomatovillian™

I was also very impressed by WES.

Susan, looking forward to meeting you, too!

Lisa
Old April 18, 2007   #51
tomatoaddict

Sorry to report that my Happy Jack seedlings are DOA. But, I did end up with 2 pink BTD that came up.
Old April 24, 2007   #52
rsolinski
CHOPTAG™

RATS! It has just dawned on me that I am playing a gig on Sunday May 6th for my town's Art Fair from 12-4 pm...for some reason I was thinking the swap was on Saturday...oh well.. see y'all at the Tastefest...

Ray
Old April 24, 2007   #53
tomatoaddict

I am getting so excited for the plant swap
Not only for the plants but I can't wait to meet some of my TV friends.
Old April 25, 2007   #54
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

OK folks!!! We’re going to have a new activity at the plant swap this year. It’s called “Take up a collection to buy Ray a calendar”. This will be the second CHOPTAG festivity Ray has missed.

If I didn’t know better I’d think he didn’t like us anymore. I know we’ve given him a hard time about the sausage that he promised but come on now. We’re only kidding with ya Ray.

Last edited by JerryL; April 25, 2007 at 08:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old April 25, 2007   #55
Earl
Tomatovillian™

I'm not kidding! I think all the plants we can't get rid of at the meet we should leave at Ray's front door. :-) Or divide them up between Ray and Brian [brokenappletree] since we haven't heard from Brian lately.
Old April 26, 2007   #56
Melissa
Tomatovillian™

Could someone please enlighten this newbie.... are all of the tomato plants spoken for before they get there, or do we just bring some and swap there?
Old April 26, 2007   #57
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default CHOPTAG Plant Exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
Could someone please enlighten this newbie.... are all of the tomato plants spoken for before they get there, or do we just bring some and swap there?
Melissa, If you saw a plant someone posted here you may inquire if they have an extra one or not. I have not had time to make out a list of what I will have and will bring a variety in hopes someone might take it and enjoy growing it.
I'm looking forward to seeing you there!
Gary
Old April 26, 2007   #58
hunter
Tomatovillian™

Is there any food that still needs to be covered? I'll gladly bring buns, cokes, condiments, French Onion Dip, Twinkies... you name it!

Looking forward to seeing y'all! Hopefully the wife can hold on. Is it bad form to suggest inducing delivery in order to make the Plant Swap?
Old April 26, 2007   #59
Miss_Mudcat
Tomatovillian™

Speaking from experience, I'm sure your wife would be DELIGHTED to have it over with sooner than later! Then you could bring your new baby to the swap!
Old April 26, 2007   #60
hunter
Tomatovillian™

Ha! The Boss is definitely ready to get it over with! What gets me is that she's already talking about the next one!