Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old March 6, 2006   #1
HeirloomNewb
Tomatovillian™

Default How many peppers can I put in these pots?

Hi,

I was told that this was the place to get specifics.... I have an Ancho Gigantea, Peruvian Yellow, Fatali, and Thai Hot peppers that I am going to grow from seeds. I have 15 gallon buckets and 8 gallon pots. How many of these can I fit comfortably in a 15 gallon bucket? 8 gallon?

Thanks!

Josh
HeirloomNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2006   #2
geoguy_TN
Tomatovillian™

Be very careful of the race relations between the various plants. You could have Peruvians with Thai with Mexican...I'm guessing that they can all get along okay, though. :wink:

Do you ever see Arthur the Aardvaark in Elwood City? Also, I hope that in ten years you still won't be stuck with the handle "HeirloomNewb".

Before all of the people who mean well start complaining at me that I am being mean to a new person, please let me explain that I have known this guy for the past 27+ years.
Old March 7, 2006   #3
HeirloomNewb
Tomatovillian™

My biggest concern is that you put a at the end of knowing me...... I'm pretty sure you experience looks more like

Yeah, I thought about the name after I already started. I'll just pull and "MF" and restart..... I'll even provide photos of my tomato I'm growing in the gutters of my shed.

Thank you all for your replies and I hope someone with some pepper experience can tell me how many to plant.

Thanks,
Josh
HeirloomNewb is offline   Reply With Quote