Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old November 16, 2008   #1
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Default Kootenai in container

I have had 2 different seed sources for Kootenai. These photos are taken today 11/16/08. My seed source for these two plants was our friend, Luc from Belgium. 5 gallon container. Lots of blossoms, and about 12 fruit set. Plant is 20 inches tall in my greenhouse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kootenai 20 (Small).JPG (44.5 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg kootenai small.JPG (51.1 KB, 64 views)
Old January 7, 2009   #2
Nightshade
Tomatovillian™

I don't know how I missed this thread. Please let me know what you think of Kootenai's taste. It is one of the prettiest of the many beautiful plants on Nelly's Tomatenplanten in Pot or Basket page!
Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2009   #3
akgardengirl
Tomatovillian™

Nightshade,
That is a cool site...tomato arrangements in fancy pots. I saw quite a few varieties that I have grown in pots up here...mine were not as snazzy tho.
Sue
akgardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2009   #4
Nightshade
Tomatovillian™

I have a windowsill filled with miniatures but it looks to me like she also uses pot size to hold many larger tomatoes in a compact form.

As a 95% container gardener, I love the idea of small-pot plants. They have to be fed and watered more often but I love futzing with them anyway. The ones on the windowsill are like housepets to me.

I believe I saw that you like the Resista dwarf. Is that one you have grown in a pot?

Jan
Old January 7, 2009   #5
akgardengirl
Tomatovillian™

All my tomatoes are grown in pots, just your plain old garden variety of plastic pots in a couple of different sizes. I used growbags also but not this year as I think they keep the plant too cool since they are white. Have you tried Resista? Pm me if you would like some seeds.
Sue
akgardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2009   #6
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Nightshade-taste was good, especially for growing in the winter in a greenhouse. My plants are not any where as great looking as your link!
Old January 7, 2009   #7
Nightshade
Tomatovillian™

Your plants looked great to me. I think she goes to great trouble to arrange hersartistically before she takes a photograph! If you look closely, you can see that some have two or three stakes in one pot, with vines fastened by florist tape.

Sue, you have a pm.