Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old May 31, 2016   #1
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Default Formula Conversion

Would somebody pelase convert Bill's bleach spray for me. I didn' notice and I picked up bleach that 8.25 this time and I can't find my old piece of paper from last year, nor my post.

I need the ounces converted to TBL's please. I don't have anything with ounces to measure here.

The heextreme heat and humidty is on and I noticed a couple of leaves just starting to get the shiny tell tale signs and I want to be ready if I need to spray. Gonna ahte it if I have to as so far this year been lucky to not have to spray for molds and mildews nor bugs so far.

Thanks in advance!
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2016   #2
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

This is what I have in my notes:

Look at the label of ingredients and if it says it is 8.25 % sodium hypochlorite then that is the stronger or Ultra bleach. At that concentration it requires between 4.5 oz and 5.5 oz of bleach added to a gallon of water.

Steve
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2016   #3
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Here is a great site I use for stuff like that. Just put a number in what you want to convert from, hit the button and the conversion shows in all the others. http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/volume/

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2016   #4
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamesNorway View Post
This is what I have in my notes:

Look at the label of ingredients and if it says it is 8.25 % sodium hypochlorite then that is the stronger or Ultra bleach. At that concentration it requires between 4.5 oz and 5.5 oz of bleach added to a gallon of water.

Steve
Thank you Steve! That is the ounces I have in my notes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
Here is a great site I use for stuff like that. Just put a number in what you want to convert from, hit the button and the conversion shows in all the others. http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/volume/

Carol
Thanks for the link Carol! Normally I would try and use something like that, but something is wrong with my puter. I'm having to use IE right now to even get on because FoxFire is all messed up for some reason and I am afraid to going to any links or sites right now, til I figure out what is going on that's why I am hoping somebody can do the conversion for me. Be just my luck I would use to much and burn everything up. I have terrible withdrawls when I don't get my daily TV.
Old May 31, 2016   #5
garyjr
Tomatovillian™

An ounce is 2 tablespoons.
Old May 31, 2016   #6
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr View Post
An ounce is 2 tablespoons.
Thanks Gary! Got it wrote down in my big notebook. Hopefully I won't lose it this time.
Old June 4, 2016   #7
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I usually start with 5 oz added to 1 full gallon of water unless leaves are wet or I am fighting a persistent problem when using the 8.25% Clorox. Of course once the high heat and humidity get here I find myself using 5.5 oz to a gal most of the time.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2016   #8
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Bill! Heat and humidity been terrible for past couple of weeks. All that rain past 3 days and it would come straight my way and then either fizzle out or go right around me with no rain for next week or better. They say maybe I'll get a little this afternoon. We'll see. Propabably just enough of a spit sprinkle that I will have to spray especially since humidity gonan be so bad again today.
Old June 6, 2016   #9
luigiwu
Tomatovillian™

I have whatever formula I am using in each spray bottle taped on each one. Its written on a post it and taped up completely so water will not penetrate and ruin them.
Old June 6, 2016   #10
twillis2252
Tomatovillian™

How often do you apply the bleach mixture? I am spraying daconil mixture every two weeks and sprayed the bleach mixture last Saturday. Of course we have had rain since, and I guess all for naught. Main issue for me is either aphids or flea beatles. Do not want to be too invasive as I am seeing some of those little bees appear that feast on these fiends.

Ella, take care and think COOL!!!
twillis2252 is offline   Reply With Quote