Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old March 23, 2021   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default Micro Tomato Haircuts

A couple of the micro tomatoes have gotten out of hand. By the description I knew the Chibikko was supposed to get taller so that's my bad for not waiting until spring and front porch availability before growing that one. But I wasn't aware the chartreuse foliage Groovey Tunes would grow larger than I was ready for. Time for some haircuts.

In this pic, the GT is potted in the one gallon pot in the middle. It has flopped completely over to the right and then bent itself back towards the lights!

=

Because it was so bent I had to do some major surgery and now it looks like this:

The Chibikko, on the right, was all up in the lights and window blinds.

Now it looks like this; shorter but with a long hanging branch that is loaded with greenies.

Meanwhile, the sweet potato slips are coming up in a windowbox. They took a lot of time to come up last year so I started them earlier this year. Hmmm... maybe too early as they won't get planted until the first week of May! By then I should have plenty of slips. Variety is 'Jewel'.

GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote