Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old August 27, 2013   #31
David Dooley
Tomatovillian™

They are most likely OP. Kitazawa has a similar pepper that is hybrid. You never know what you are getting from the stores.
David Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3, 2013   #32
pdxwindjammer
Tomatovillian™

I MUST get my hands on some of these seeds! Padrons are one of my favorite sauté peppers but they don't grow well for me here in Portland, OR. Perhaps these will! I am going to google now but if any seed saver would like to make my day, I would be happy to send a SASE!
pdxwindjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3, 2013   #33
halleone
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxwindjammer View Post
I MUST get my hands on some of these seeds! Padrons are one of my favorite sauté peppers but they don't grow well for me here in Portland, OR. Perhaps these will! I am going to google now but if any seed saver would like to make my day, I would be happy to send a SASE!
You won't be sorry you tried them. Mine came from Kitazawa, and I didn't see any mention of it being a hybrid, so I will be saving seeds this year.

http://www.kitazawaseed.com/seed_083-103.html

Honestly, they are so prolific, we are finding that just one plant gives us all we can eat, about every 7 - 8 days. Between them and the Italian frying peppers, we eat cooked peppers just about every day.
halleone is offline   Reply With Quote