Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 11, 2019   #1
lubadub
Tomatovillian™

Default Organic Fertilizers and Soil Tests

I have been gardening for over 30 years. For most of those years I grew using chemical fertilizers. Recently I decided to go organic. I read everything I could and worked on figuring out how to balance my soil and improve the life within my soil. I worked on making great compost and dabbled in aerated compost tea and foliar feeding. In short, I have been trying to do better, better as I am now seeing it. My question is this. Since I am presently adding materials to the soil that I depend on the soil life to break down into forms useable by my plants, how can I interpret my soil test, since my soil test will not tell me much about what is in my soil not yet broken down? How will I go about balancing my soil when a lot of what I am putting in it is not measured by the soil test I am getting?
Old October 11, 2019   #2
brownrexx
Tomatovillian™

I don't understand why you are repeatedly cutting and pasting the same question. This is the third time for this one.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=49564

If you want to talk more about the same question, you do not need to post it again, just make a new post at the end of the first thread and it will pop to the top of the postings as a thread with unread entries.
brownrexx is offline   Reply With Quote