Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old June 7, 2018   #16
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Okay I am back and at home.
The only thing I have had high pH problems with was my raised beds.
I might have a high pH problem with my containers due to the calcium in my water but I cant say for sure or even how I will attack it.
Vinegar is not a permanent solution and I have no idea how often it should be used in containers.

Now some time ago a person had the problem in their containers.
I suggested vinegar.
I was immediately reprimanded by someone else that isn't here any more I was giving out false information and it would kill the plants.

The person did it and they sent me a PM back thanking me for the idea and how much better the plants looked.
This has happened several times by people here not coming back publicly about the advice but in a PM.
I dont really care one way or another what the reasons are they dont but that is how it is some times.

When it comes to containers If i were you or any one else I would listen to AK Mark as well as a few others.
They know what they are doing.
My way is a cheap fast way to tell if you are on the right track.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2018   #17
Tomzhawaii
Tomatovillian™

When it comes to containers If i were you or any one else I would listen to AK Mark as well as a few others.
They know what they are doing.
Now there's good advice.
I could not agree more. Just look at his pictures and the advice he gives is from serious research and development of his business. Solid !!!
Going back to giving advice. Most people do not give enough details to give an honest reply. I tell most people who ask me something to try Google. That's what I do. Then I make an educated guess. Enjoy your day. Aloha
Tomzhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote