Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 7, 2014   #1
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Default Yellow leaves - too much water or disease?

Not sure if this Sun Sugar has a disease or if it's too much water. My other plants all look great but this one is in a slightly different pot. We were gone for a week and our neighbors watered the plants. Most are in SWC's and can't be watered too much, but this one is in a modified SWC. Also we forgot to tell our neighbor not to spray the whole plant.

I did cut back on the water and I cut off all the bad leaves, and then yesterday was such a hot day it was wilting so I watered it and this morning a bunch of yellow leaves. Not sure if the timing was coincidence.

Any opinions would be great.

Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2014   #2
kath
Tomatovillian™

Not sure what the problem is but don't think it's a disease. Overwatering usually produces dark coloring along the edges of the yellowing leaves, but if a neighbor was watering for a week, that's probably what happened.
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2014   #3
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Hi Kath,

It was over watering. Cut the yellow leaves off, and haven't gotten anymore on there since we let it dry out some.

Thanks,
Ginny
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2014   #4
Brandon558
Tomatovillian™

My cukes have some leafs down near the bottom of the vines that are yellow as well....i figured it was from not enough water. Is this probably the same problem with them......getting too much water?

Thanks
Brandon558 is offline   Reply With Quote