Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MidWest Tomato Fest™ event information and discussion forum.

Old January 16, 2015   #1
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

Default 2015 MWTF

The Nemaha County Garden Club (Auburn, Ne.) has asked me to have a tomato tasting for the group where the general public is invited. With my limited number of varieties (around 35 with probably only 25 being ready at any one time), the general public will be invited to bring any tomatoes to taste.

If there are any former MId-West Tomato Fest participants who are interested in rejoining the Fest it would be nice to restart the tastings. The date is set for the first week of August but is flexible and probably will be on a Monday evening. The day is also flexible.

It would be a nice tribute to Denise and fun to show folks just how many good tomatoes are out there. It's a long way off, so plenty of time to think about it.

Paul
Old June 23, 2015   #2
AJSears
Tomatovillian™

Looking forward to this and leaving a message so that I get e-mail notification on any updates to this thread. I had 52 verities ready for market last weekend. I'm hoping they keep going and some other verities start producing too so I can bring some. Fighting gray mold, but I think I have it under control now.
Old June 24, 2015   #3
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

Right now the date is August 10 at 7PM at Legion Park (Hwy 75 just south of downtown Auburn, Ne.). More details as time gets closer and whether there are tomatoes to share for that date.