Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 9, 2016   #1
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Default Menards Closing Out Seed Starter Trays

For all you Midwesterners, Menards (a big box hardware store), marking down last years seed starting kits (5X20 and 10X20) to around 49 cents. Some include the coir pellets, however I am not of fan of this brand. For 2 cents each I will give them a try with less valuable seeds.

To see if your store has old Planters Pride stock, search their website for "seed start" and play a little bit from there to get all the products. PM me if you need help. New brand at full price is McKenzie.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2016   #2
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Shoot.. My son and hubby were just at Menards and I just called them to tell them about the sale. The store closes @ 9:00 and they already left. I am not sure when we could make it back to Menards as it is not exactly a hop, skip, or a jump away. Thanks for posting though.

Ginny
barefootgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2016   #3
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Well I checked our local store for availability on these products. They have the 10x20 greenhouse tray at .39 each, but they limit the availability to only one per person. They have the 36 cell complete greenhouse kit for .49 cents each on sale ( coir pellets?), regular price 2.77 each. I ordered 12 kits for that price. That is the limit. They will pull them from the store stock and hold for nine days. I have no clue how good the trays or kits are.. but hopefully they will be sturdy enough..

We have a snow storm going on till tomorrow afternoon. This is the only way I could aquire them before they are gone.

Ginny

Last edited by barefootgardener; January 9, 2016 at 11:38 PM.
barefootgardener is offline   Reply With Quote