Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old April 17, 2006   #1
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Default Earthbox Building @ the Plant Swap.

Thought I would start a thread in an effort to organize the Earthbox building session planned for the CHOPTAG plant swap.

Valereee has posted some info in the Plant Swap thread but I thought I would start this new one anyway.

Val, can you list the materials/tools needed for one Earthbox? People can then get an idea of what expense is involved and decide if they want to join in.

As I mentioned in the Plant Swap thread I should have the tools that are needed. If it calls for screws/nails I probably have those also, or can get a box of whatever is needed so each person doesn’t need to buy only a few.

Anyone wanting to join in the fun post here and we’ll plan accordingly.
Old April 18, 2006   #2
Earl
Tomatovillian™

Jerry. Is it for raising worms? Made one a couple years ago for Kathy out of a Rubbermaid container. Just need some worms. It worked well. Made a lot of worm poo but we shut it down over wintertime.
Old April 19, 2006   #3
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Earl,

I haven’t got a clue. Val mentioned it in the plant swap thread. As the dutiful president of CHOPTAG I’m just trying to follow up on member’s requests.
Old April 19, 2006   #4
Earl
Tomatovillian™

Maybe it's a self-watering plant container?
Old April 20, 2006   #5
timcunningham
Tomatovillian™

I believe she is referring to my thread here on Tomatoville:

http://www.tomatoville.com/viewtopic...384&highlight=

Wish I could come to the CHOPTAG and help out.. but I can only go to one tomato meet this year.
Old May 7, 2006   #6
valereee
Tomatovillian™

Whoops, I guess I was busier than I realized the last couple of weeks -- I didn't even see this thread until today! Sorry!

Yes, the homemade Earthboxes are self-watering plant containers. I bought one this year but thought it might be nice to make them if we could get an assembly-line going. But then April got EXTREMELY busy and chaotic for me and anything optional just started to fall off my To Do list.

Val

[/i]