Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Old July 14, 2013   #1
jmurphy
Tomatovillian™

Default Thai Green Cucumber

I received these seeds in a trade and can't seem to find and info on them. Does anyone here grow them? They are growing fabulously, but I have no idea when to harvest them? Right now I have several around 3-4", but I'm nit sure if that makes them mere babies, or near harvest.

Any advice would be appreciated.

J.
jmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2013   #2
dpurdy
Tomatovillian™

jmurphy,
I've grown the Thai Green Cucumbers in the past. Try harvesting them when they are about 6 to 8 inches in length. You will want them to be firm, not soft. When they get too big they will get soft and have larger seeds with a less sweeter taste. For salads you want to harvest cucumbers that are 2" to 2 1/2 " in diameter. It will only take a few days to reach an optimal size, since they are about 4" in length now. As soon as one gets to 6 or 7 inches in length, pick it, and give it a taste.
dpurdy
dpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2013   #3
jmurphy
Tomatovillian™

Thank you. I couldn't find anything on the Internet, and didn't want to pick it too immature as I am foaming at the bit for some garden fresh ANYTHING! The radishes and peas are done and everything else is just poking along.

Thanks for your quick response!
jmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote