Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old July 7, 2020   #16
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

I'm glad your tomatoes bounced back nicely! Tomatoes are a hardy lot, and barring disease coming in from outside, there isn't much they can't overcome, they just want to grow! It looks like they have a nice home on your balcony. I'll bet they will be draping over the railing soon to get a better look at your ocean view!

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2020   #17
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Your plants are looking good from the pruning. Is there any fruit set yet?
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2020   #18
BigJohncn
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for comments. Yes, a high percentage of the flowers are converting into little tomato stublets, and there are about 10 of these guys about small marble size now. I'm very surprised at the number of flowers / potential fruits per cluster with this hybrid. Some clusters have high teens to 20 or so flowers! The have really ramped up how much water they are using, too. I'm doing morning and evening watering currently, as it's been in the 90s every day.

BigJohncn is offline   Reply With Quote