Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old July 4, 2020   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default First Tomatoes!

Yesterday we picked the first ripe tomatoes. The cherries seem to be to size but the others are way smaller than they're supposed to be. For example, the Santiago (the fluted one) is supposed to be a beefsteak! Perhaps it's just because they're the first. Others on the same plant seem to be growing larger. Maybe it's the heat. Any ideas on that?

From the top and clockwise: 3 Super Sioux, two Rosella and one Camp Joy cherries, two Porter, One Santiago (fluted), "Fake" Early Annie, real Early Annie and 3 Brad's Atomic Grape. Oh, and the first Moule's Red Hot Cayenne that was ready.

I started two Early Annie plants. One came up regular leaf (which it's supposed to be) and one was a potato leaf and a lot bigger plant. AND the first tomato from that is yellow/orange. Early Annie is supposed to be red. Huh..... it's possible it was operator error because the only yellow/orange tomato I'm trying this year is one KBX which is a PL. Yes, I started 20 different varieties but I only sowed one variety at a time and carefully checked each one off the list as I went. Go figure. So we're calling this unknown tomato Fake Early Annie.

Last edited by GoDawgs; July 4, 2020 at 11:39 AM.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2020   #2
garden patch
Tomatovillian™

awsome!!!! pizza time or one fantastic tomato salad!!! looks real good!!!
garden patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2020   #3
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden patch View Post
awsome!!!! pizza time or one fantastic tomato salad!!! looks real good!!!
Panzanella salad with fresh basil. Love that stuff!
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote