Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old June 7, 2021   #61
paradajky
Tomatovillian™

The Lowe's locations near me appear to no longer carry the tan, 31 gallon Centrex totes, only one in blue and it costs nearly $30 for one as of mid 2021. Pricing seems a bit high, especially if one looks to follow the instructions and use two for a single container.

Lowe's carries a 30 gallon tote model "Style", for just under $20, made from polypropelene, but it does not appear to be weather resistant. Home depot carries their black and yellow HDX totes, which would need to be painted to prevent baking the roots.

Does anyone have recommended alternates? Feel like I've missed out on these
paradajky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #62
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

This one is very close and listed a $16.98 https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selec...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
This is for anyone else who is looking as I assume the paradajky post from 21 is no longer needing an answer
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #63
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Unfortunately, Lowes no longer carries the tan 31 gallon Centrex container. I am not sure of the long term durability of the one Dwayne found as a replacement, but it looks like we don't have many other options at this size.

I would recommend buying just 2 units and make one EarthTainer this year to check uV resistance. All construction steps should be mostly identical to the current EarthTainer Guide.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote