Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 11, 2009   #1
smullig
Tomatovillian™

Default Anyone know Tomatobabycompany.com?

After lurking around for about a year I figured I'd ask a question. Does anyone have experience with tomatobabycompany.com? It seems that most folks here grow from seed, as I used to do, but I'm getting lazier and find that this source seems to have most of the plants I would like at a good price. Anybody know anything about them?
smullig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2009   #2
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by smullig View Post
After lurking around for about a year I figured I'd ask a question. Does anyone have experience with tomatobabycompany.com? It seems that most folks here grow from seed, as I used to do, but I'm getting lazier and find that this source seems to have most of the plants I would like at a good price. Anybody know anything about them?
I haven't personally purchased from her but I have looked the place up and found a lot of good words to say about the business.

If you look on the plant and seed source area of this forum you will find a few more good folks to get plants from too.
Some are active members of this forum and are very reputable.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2009   #3
smullig
Tomatovillian™

Default Thanks

Thanks Worth. I'll look around a bit more here as well.
Old January 14, 2009   #4
mark deschak
Tomatovillian™

Hello. I've gotten tomato seedlings from Alaina at Tomatobaby.com the past 3 years and the plants have been good-sized (6 -18 inches) and healthy. The plants from Darrel (Fusion_Power is his name on this forum) have been great as well. You can't go wrong with either one. - Mark
mark deschak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2009   #5
smullig
Tomatovillian™

Mark,

Thanks for the info. I noticed Darrel's site from doing some searching here and I agree that he has some interesting stuff as well. Hope you don't have the lovely weather that we are having in the Chicago area. It's making me look fondly toward spring.

Steve
Old February 19, 2009   #6
comamma
Tomatovillian™

I purchased several tomato and pepper plants from Tomato Baby last year and they all did really well. The tomato plants were around 18 inches, and produced better than the plants I started from seed. Alaina also answered many questions that I had about the varieties she carries.
comamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2009   #7
smullig
Tomatovillian™

Comamma,

Thanks for the thumbs up for tomatobaby. I'm waiting for her to update her offerings. She indicated that she will do so around the beginning of March.
Old February 24, 2009   #8
mark deschak
Tomatovillian™

She just updated all her offerings on the 21st; she seems to be slowly adding some of the more different varieties.
mark deschak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2009   #9
smullig
Tomatovillian™

Mark,

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old June 24, 2010   #10
shlacm
Tomatovillian™

Old thread, I know, but I ordered 10 plants from her this year after drowning my started-from-seed plants. I received 14 HUGE plants (probably 18-24") that, though quite stressed, pulled through BEAUTIFULLY and are thriving. She had many of the varieties I was interested in. If I fail with seeds again next year, I will definitely order from her again!
shlacm is offline   Reply With Quote