Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old June 18, 2016   #1
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

Default Tomatoes that Grow Well in Small Containers

I am growing Red Robin, Minibel and Whippersnapper in 1-gallon containers. They are all doing well, but I am soliciting suggestions from other T'Villains re: other tomatoes that would be suitable for growing in one-gallon containers. Tasty ones only, please...I'd rather not waste space on plants that produce tomatoes that like like they came from (shudder) the grocery store.

Thank you in advance for your help!
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2016   #2
peebee
Tomatovillian™

I am growing Rejina and Lime Green Salad for the first time this year, both in small pots, largest one is 1 gal. LGS pleasantly surprised me by it's taste. And it wasn't a cherry tomato either, about the size maybe of a large golf ball. I really like it and will grow it again as it is easy to maintain in such a small pot. Rejina is a cherry so I don't think I will grow it again except for giving away as gifts for people who like red cherries and they seem to delight in the tiny micro mini size.
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote