Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 10, 2019   #1
dereckbc

Default Tulsa OK is Blessed and Local Question

I am native Tulsan and been gone since 2003. Was stuck in Tucking Fexas for 16 years in north DFW area. Not a great place to grow mators.

Anyway I am back in Tulsa. Things have changed a bit, but Tulsa has to be one of the best cities in th eUSA for buying tomato plants. No other city has the Tomato Man's Daughter. Darrel Merrill aka Tomato Man is a local legend along with Paul James. There is no better place in the USA to buy heirloom tomatoes, and if you live or been in Tulsa to the farm you know what I am talking about. Tomato Man Darrell died 10 years ago, but Lisa his daughter has kept the family farm and biz going doing an excellent job

Anyway so I know where to get tomato and pepper plants. But I also like a lot of herbs. Where is a good place to find a large variety of either seeds or plants in Tulsa? Example like Thyme, I like to grow several varieties, but all you can fin dis 2 varieties at most places.
Old April 11, 2019   #2
wxcrawler
Tomatovillian™

Lisa started selling more herbs and such last year at the Tomatoman's Daughter farm. Check with her. It's at a new location, if it's been a few years since you've been there.

Lee
wxcrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2019   #3
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Looks like a great place to plan a day trip.

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2019   #4
rhoder551
Tomatovillian™

Sounds great! Wish we had a place like that where I am ( San Francisco burbs) Sure I can find as many sun golds and Cherokee purples as I want
The local master gardeners hold a tomato sale every year and that is ok but the varieties they grow aren't very inspiring. And yes, they will have lots of sun golds. Guess that's what the gardeners around here want. Oh yeah, forgot to say the tomatoes on offer are expensive!!
rhoder551 is offline   Reply With Quote