Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Old February 16, 2010   #1
JulieTA
Tomatovillian™

Default Chef Gardens?

Just curious...I wondered if any of you had approached your local chefs about starting a restaurant garden for them? It's such a popular trend to eat "fresh from the garden" that a few of our restaurants have started their own plots...but I'm thinking of designing kitchen gardens that would be both practical and aesthetically pleasing for customers, potager-style. That, of course, would be the dream if they have space. Or have you tried even encouraging chefs to grow a la square foot gardening? Just curious if you all thought there would be any interest in this type of service...

Julie
JulieTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2010   #2
Anijunga
Tomatovillian™

I've done this for a restaurant in our town that is really into organic, local produce. They have a 4' x 6' space and another 4' x 4' space as well as pots of stuff around the patio. I planted the herbs in their garden last year and there was some hit and miss items. They loved the rosemary, parsley, chives and basil and didn't really use the bloody dock or the mint. They also liked the hot peppers and tomatoes.