Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old April 29, 2014   #1
Yak54
Tomatovillian™

Default "Crud" gremlin visiting seedlings again

Hi all. Just a note to say my seedlings are about 4-5 days from transplanting into 8oz. cups and I just noticed tonight that one of my hearts has the familiar signs of "the crud". Have not had any for 3-4 years now, but this year it is on my Volovsko Srce Val seedlings. Not on any of my other two hearts, at least not yet. What I usually do is keep them seperated from the other seedlings once they get transplanted, and trim the burnt tips of the leaves off. Once they spend a week or so outdoors, it always clears up. These days I don't panic like I did when I first observed it many years ago. Of course it sure did help me to learn that other people had similar experiences and that I wasn't the only one. And of course when I found out that it had been given a name, "Crud", I felt like it had been aptly named for sure. We can thank our friend Carolyn for the catchy name, and for helping me understand it, and to learn to live with it. Life is good
Yak54 is offline   Reply With Quote