Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 6, 2016   #1
Gazeofslate
Tomatovillian™

Default Need some help to identify this

Just noticed that one of my tomato plant -a white fruited variety- seems to have some kind of leaf disease. Does it look familiar to anyone ? I don't really know what this could be... Septoria leaf spot ? Some kind of nutrients deficiency ? Fungal disease ?

Oddly enough, a second plant grows in the same pot and is healthy as can be. Then again that second plant is a green tiger plant and for some reason this variety seems to do really well for me, it looks sickly because of the wispy leaves but shakes off about any disease. Out of the three varieties I'm growing this year, it's the only one that didn't show any kind of disease.
Gazeofslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2016   #2
zeroma
Tomatovillian™

flea beatles?
zeroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #3
Gazeofslate
Tomatovillian™

I don't see any bugs or pest on the plants so I'm not really convinced by this explanation. By the way, these are not holes in the leaves. It's more along the lines of a discoloration.
Old June 7, 2016   #4
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Default Manganese deficiency

Manganese deficiency gives yellow spots between the veins. I have seen it early on, but as I give a supplemental feeding, like with Tomato Tone, or other fert with micronutrients, it goes away, no harm done.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #5
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Have you been overwatering this plant by any chance? Sometimes overwatering causes little pimples that eventually end up looking similar to what your leaves look like.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2016   #6
Gazeofslate
Tomatovillian™

I don't know if I've been overwatering it but the past three to four weeks have been very wet. I've had either storms or fog in my area, one or the other.
The humidity percentage even reached up to 98% last Sunday.
Now the strange thing is that there's a second plant in the same container, as mentioned before a green tiger plant, which is doing absolutely fine and has loads of little tomatoes on it and healthy -albeit wispy- looking deep green foliage.
Picture is the view from my room last Sunday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13340348_1063181910385415_389466839_o.jpg (174.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Capture d’écran 2016-06-07 à 16.38.48.jpg (114.4 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Gazeofslate; June 7, 2016 at 10:47 AM.