Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 4, 2007   #1
jenn_sc
SPLATT™ Coordinator

Default anybody else growing Wuhib?

I am growing two Wuhib plants in an 18 gallon Rubbermaid container. This plant is impressing the heck out of me! This has to be one of the strongest looking, healthiest plants I've ever grown. The stems are as thick as my thumb, the foliage is lush, and it is absolutely LOADED with dime sized fruit!

I hope the fruits taste good! I can't wait to try one. They will probably be my first tomatoes, since the ones planted in the ground were dug up and moved to our new house (which has shocked them a little, but they're recovering) I'm not taking the Wuhib to the new place until moving day later this month...I'll just put the container on the U-Haul the morning of the move.

Is anyone else growing Wuhib?

Jennifer
jenn_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2007   #2
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

I am, but I'm behind schedule, some medical issues delayed planting anything in the yard yet... I'll keep an eye on your results in the meantime...
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2007   #3
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Jennifer

I’m growing Whuib this year for the second time. Last year mine was a VERY healthy and productive plant. More fruit than I knew what to do with if that’s possible.

They tasted alright. I’m not a big fan of paste tomatoes for straight eating but these make a great sauce once you add the garlic, oregano, basil, etc.

Keep us informed on you progress.