Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old September 4, 2015   #16
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanX View Post
Thank you b4red: I sprayed with that bleach solution and now am optimistic that my plants are recovering: they'rem starting to put out new (heaolthy) growth plus most are flowering!! I still think I need to trerat again (see pics of fruit from today, posted as an update to zipcode)

and ChrisK, too! I immediately went to that link and successfully uploaded images / started a request for diaGnosis!

Hopefully, with all this help, I will soon have lush, green, producing plants again!
I'm glad it helped you. It usually does unless you get the mix too strong or too weak or apply it in the bright sunshine or wait too long to use it. I would still think about using a fungicide as a preventative. Good luck.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2015   #17
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Yep, nothing even close to resembling LB.
The lesions on the ripe fruit aren't even consistent in appearance. It's more like some bug penetrated the skin and some opportunistic mold or bacteria found an easy entrance to feast off the sugars inside. i get some of that myself.
I'm not sure what the pictures of the green fruit are supposed to represent, I can't make out any problems there.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2015   #18
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayR View Post
Yep, nothing even close to resembling LB.
The lesions on the ripe fruit aren't even consistent in appearance. It's more like some bug penetrated the skin and some opportunistic mold or bacteria found an easy entrance to feast off the sugars inside. i get some of that myself.
I'm not sure what the pictures of the green fruit are supposed to represent, I can't make out any problems there.
Some of the fruit spots could be from stink bugs or leaf footed bugs stinging the fruit and some could be from gray mold. It isn't a good sign if it is gray mold because sometimes by the time it is getting into the fruit it is nearly unstoppable even with bleach because it has become systemic. The same is true with Late Blight but you have far less time to start treatment before it is too late to do much if any good. If I see what I suspect is LB I don't wait til the next day to treat it even if I have to spray at night with a light. Gray mold is much more forgiving but you still can't wait too long to start treating it.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote