Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old June 18, 2009   #1
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Tomato Seed Saving on Friday

Summer Solstice Mindnight In The Garden Celebration Louisville, Kentucky
I will be discussing Tomato Seed Saving on Friday evening at 7:00 pm in connection with Thieneman’s Nursery Celebrates Summer Solstice! Midnight In The Garden. See Link for additional information --- http://www.thienemans.com/CCorner/

The misgiving I had in a demonstration and then hands on for Tomato Seed Saving was I don't have ripe tomatoes just yet. It will be some while for that. So, was shopping today and acquired two packages( four pounds ) of Campari tomatoes which will work well.
I have the second part of the demonstration in progress having seeded eleven tomatoes for fermentation. There will be enough seed for a good number of folks to take home. These are Campari tomatoes which I have grown before from F2 seed.
Come join the great fun being planned!
Gary
Old June 18, 2009   #2
garnetmoth
Tomatovillian™

oh man, that sounds like a great time! Just got my dad out of the hospital and to physical rehab or I would totally make the drive!