Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 9, 2017   #31
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default Not to worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Release some of those?

I'm talking about Only Negro de Olmeda, and right now I don't know if I have any seeds left, don't remember which one of my seed producers selected it,so don't know about germination either.

Actually it sounds from what I typed above that I don't remember much of anything today.

Will check and get back to you via PM eventually.

Carolyn

All we have anymore is time.
Old December 9, 2017   #32
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

(Will check and get back to you via PM eventually.)

Then I said I probably wouldn't get back to Kurt until today,no time yesterday. To which he responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
All we have anymore is time.
Kurt,that was such a deep,profound answer you gave, ahem, knowing that you are much younger than I am, that I decided to answer your here instead of PMing you.

Yes,I found the seeds left in the small plastic bag,which I hate,the Olmeda ones.They had a depression in the center of the ones I saw, then I looked at some other varieties that I know germinated well and some had the same.

PM me please with your home address, I probably have it somewhere,but don't want to go looking for it,no time.

You'll want plenty of time to see if you can germinate some of them and hopefully get some seedlings.

Here's what I suggest.

Treat seeds starting in early January. Do NOT treat All seeds, but at least maybe 10-15. Soak in water to which you have added, a few drops of organic,NPK,,fish or kelp, or a few shakes of Peter's blue stuff,you must have the nitrate to help wake up old seeds,although these seeds I think are 2016 seeds.

Soak for at least 3 days,stirring several times a day, look for seeds that sink,those are the ones you want.

Good luck and please let me know what happens with germination.

Carolyn,watching the first light snow of the season falling outside, we aren't expecting more than a couple of inches here in upstate NY on the Vt border where I am, but folks as far south as N and S Carolina's are getting hit hard.
Old December 11, 2017   #33
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Did not want to step on any toes,or jump in front of the line.I will send you my digits and then some....It is the seasons.