Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 13, 2016   #1
instacherk
Tomatovillian™

Default Strange Leaf Spot

I've got these strange dots on the leaves of my Green Doctor, over the weekend I began to spray Bon-neem to treat a minor aphid infestation on my plants. Since I'm growing in earthboxes all in a row I'd like to get a positive ID on these strange dots.

My gut reaction was that septoria was rearing its ugly head but on closer inspection that would not appear to be the case. Anyone able to shed some light on this issue?

Thanks,

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QGVF5sN.jpg (216.3 KB, 52 views)
instacherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2016   #2
chlorophile
Tomatovillian™

Hi Mike,

Looks like flea beetle damage to me. Not particularly worrisome unless it gets out of control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
chlorophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2016   #3
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Yes I have a little of that on one of my plants. As already said no need to worry unless it gets bad. They like my tomatillos much more and the tomatillos just keep on trucking. Do flea beetles carry any pathogens?
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2016   #4
chlorophile
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
Yes I have a little of that on one of my plants. As already said no need to worry unless it gets bad. They like my tomatillos much more and the tomatillos just keep on trucking. Do flea beetles carry any pathogens?
I know they're a vector for a few diseases, but I don't think tomatoes are one of the affected crops. They could indirectly affect a tomato by weakening it during an infestation and increasing its susceptibility to disease, but I've never personally had anything more than the usual (minor) damage in my climate / area.
chlorophile is offline   Reply With Quote