Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #256
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

I love my little pump Solo sprayer - great for the small jobs and with seedlings.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XV2OQU...a-308678430371
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #257
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

I need some good recipes for my Vitamix. I tried making soup in it, but it was odd, although the soup was hot the vegies in it tasted raw. Everyone who has a Vitamix seems to love it and I would love to start using mine.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #258
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinAtlanta View Post
I love my little pump Solo sprayer - great for the small jobs and with seedlings.

I have several small sprayers. I love them. not all are solo but the size is perfect.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #259
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

My Fluke tone generator and probe.
This thing is indispensable in my line of work.
I know most of you here have no use for one but I have to trace out a lot of unknown wires.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #260
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
I need some good recipes for my Vitamix. I tried making soup in it, but it was odd, although the soup was hot the vegies in it tasted raw. Everyone who has a Vitamix seems to love it and I would love to start using mine.

Have you tried the recipes in the book or the online book? Lots of those are really good. Some veggies do need to be cooked, aka left overs such as potatoes.

I make a broccoli soup using the florets with a seasoned chicken broth and it is so good, just those 2 things and it's yummy if you like broccoli, sometimes I grind a carrot up first with a small amount of the broth, then add the broccoli and the rest of the stock.

Also, I like a canned bean soup made in the vitamixer, along with other veg, makes a lovely creamy soup without dairy in it. Roasted carrot soup is tasty, has a touch of ginger in it and can be changed up several ways as well. I even use mine to mix up the masa for the tamales.

https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/find-recipes

Last edited by imp; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:42 PM. Reason: add link
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #261
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
SueCT the Tortilla Soup receipe that they give you makes a really nice meal. You can switch it up however you like and it is easy. https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/Rec...Soup&sc=recipe
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #262
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Thanks. I guess after I tried a soup and an ice cream and wasn't happy with either one, I gave up. Maybe I would like soups better if I used left over cooked veggies instead of raw ones. I will look at the Tortilla Soup, thanks for a specific recipe recommendation. Have you ever left out the cabbage? Not something I eat often. I like it, it just doesn't agree with me.

I will look at some of the recipes from the book and the ones Imp linked to as well. So many people love it that I just can't believe I wouldn't like it if I learned how to use it better.

Last edited by SueCT; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:32 PM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #263
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

I found a frozen yogurt recipe! I will try this, but will substitute strawberry yogurt for a stronger strawberry flavor and see how it is.

https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/Rec..._st=&sc=recipe

I am concerned about using frozen fruit again, though. I am afraid my chest freezer keeps things frozen too hard for the Vitamix. If I burn out the motor I wonder if they will replace it?
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #264
imp
Tomatovillian™

The fruit I use, when frozen, is in pieces, or not bigger than a regular ice cube size more or less. And unless you are abusing it, I'm not sure how you would burn out the motor; the vitamix is the same machine used in many commercial places.

You can also call vita mix - number can be found at the link given you. Nice folks and they can help a lot.

About the only thing I haven't liked making in the vitamix so far was hollendaise sauce.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #265
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinAtlanta View Post

It's a good sprayer, I have one and it works fine.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #266
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Sue, I never use the cabbage......

The Vitamix is a very durable product and is fully guarenteed. The little motor in there is as strong an a lawnmower. Frozen products will not faze this little machine. Do not be afraid of putting this machine through it's paces. It can even grind bones if you like.

Last edited by MissS; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:10 AM.
MissS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #267
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the encouragement, I will try again!