Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 2, 2013   #46
dokutaaguriin
Tomatovillian™

I just updated my catalogue/site to include my first chill pepper: Shima tougarashi (Shima= island, tougarashi= chili pepper) or in Japanese 島唐辛子.
dokutaaguriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #47
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Default Sarkharnyi Zheltyi and Sakharnyi Pudovichok

Hi Jeff,
My seed order arrived yesterday in the mail. Everything looks great. The Sugary Yellow (Sarkharnyi Zheltyi) and the Sugary Pounder (Sakharnyi Pudovichok) were must haves for me this year and like years in the past, you have some varieties that no one else does.
The Lescana Beef that hails from Romania and the Polish heirloom Zogola, also look very promising. I look forward to growing all six varieties that I purchased from your website.
Thanks!
Dutch
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2013   #48
dokutaaguriin
Tomatovillian™

HI Dutch,
Here is hoping for a great tomato season for everyone!
Jeff
Old February 15, 2013   #49
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

I listened to your radio interviews Jeff and I enjoyed how you fielded the questions so well. Great job!

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2013   #50
jennifer28
Two-faced Drama Queen

Default I love Casey's heirlooms

Jeff has a nice selection. I was really happy to find he had verde claro available.
Great prices and fast service!
jennifer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2013   #51
dokutaaguriin
Tomatovillian™

Fellow T'Villians,
I have just learned a very valuable lesson about making sure you back-up EVERY SINGLE FILE. My hard drive went on the fritz while I tried to update in to the latest OS. I thought I could just recover everything from my back-up drive. Unfortunately, the file that needed for iWeb was not included in any of my back-ups so I had to recreate both of my websites. I spent every single day for a couple of weeks copying, pasting searching for the linked pictures etc. Added to this was getting my marks in on an online marks program, inputting comments, and parent-teacher interviews.
I am just happy that I was able to get everything back up and running....I hope.
Here is a link to my 2014 catalogue:
http://caseysheirloomtomatoes.ca/Cas...ueJansmall.pdf small file version
http://caseysheirloomtomatoes.ca/Cas...ueJanlarge.pdf large file version
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...especially typos, lol
Old November 10, 2013   #52
kurt
Tomatovillian™

On page 36 in the large version PDF what is that cute blue/mahoghany cherry type mater?No real description on that page(or I missed a reference)Thanks for the historys behind the varieties.In the smaller Pdf version pg.36 you list a Matino(pg. 1)?Or Martino?

Last edited by kurt; November 10, 2013 at 06:06 AM.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2013   #53
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

Have you ever considered using Carbonite to back everything up. Not very expensive and can save your sanity when you have a crash. I like it because it backups automatically every time you change or add a file.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2013   #54
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Jeff,

Your catalog is a work of art - a very professional presentation!

You have one of the most complete line of cherries I've seen anywhere.

Best of luck this season

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2013   #55
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Jeff, for some unknown reason when I click on either the small or large pdf I get an error 404. With a wonderful cartoon which says something like.....don't you wonder if you're ever in the wrong place?

Carolyn, who will try again later, but has never had problems with your original webpage. My browser demanded an update a week or so ago, but I don't see how that could be involved since I've had no problem getting links, or reading here and there.
Old November 10, 2013   #56
kath
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Jeff, for some unknown reason when I click on either the small or large pdf I get an error 404. With a wonderful cartoon which says something like.....don't you wonder if you're ever in the wrong place?
When I click on either link, I get the error page, too. Sorry to hear about your computer nightmare, Jeff. Looking forward to browsing your beautiful catalog soon.

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2013   #57
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath View Post
When I click on either link, I get the error page, too. Sorry to hear about your computer nightmare, Jeff. Looking forward to browsing your beautiful catalog soon.

kath
I'm guessing the site is down for some reason as I could open both links earlier today, but now I'm getting the error message as well.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2013   #58
RobinB
Tomatovillian™

I'm on a Macintosh, but I thought the links above were going to take me to a web page, when instead they downloaded the PDF of his catalog to my desktop. I just checked and his website is up and running just fine.
http://caseysheirloomtomatoes.ca/Cas...Catalogue.html

Robin
RobinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2013   #59
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

I you go through Jeff's website (link given by Robin) the .pdf files will load fine. It looks like the files have been renamed so the links Jeff gave are not working now.

Here is a direct link to his small .pdf catalog (or 'catalogue' as they say in Canada
http://caseysheirloomtomatoes.ca/Cas...loguesmall.pdf

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2013   #60
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

OK, I can now open it via Robin's link.

Some feedback for you Jeff.

Dr. Carolyn, picky I know but I'm up to 3,000 plus grown, not the 2,000 you say.

Galina's, should be PL not the RL you give, hoping yours is PL

Green Zebra Cherry, there is absolutely no known connection between Tom's Green Zebra and this one. Manfred bought a pink of mixed cherries in a store, liked the striped one and he and Reinhard traced the source of all those mixed cherries pint back to the Netherlands. And there the trail ended. Reinhard, I think was the one to offer it first b'c then he gives seeds to Manfred for his seed site which is on Reinhard's website. But I'd want to confirm who did what first before you alter anything except the fact that there is no known connection between Green Zebra and Green Zebra Cherry. Even you said the tastes are different, and Iagree. Ilove GZC but have neverliked GZ, and Tom knows it

Lucky, and now correct spelling, Leprechaun. Tom Hauch at Heirloom Seeds in PA was the first to list this one, but I remember a bit of a kerfuffle about it not being from Ireland and I just went to his website and he no longer lists it.

http://www.heirloomseeds.com/tomatoes.htm

Big Sungold Select/ Is yours stable? Reinhard sent seeds of it to Brad Gates and myself and he got various colors, there's a thread here somewhere about that, and I offered it in a recent seed offer here and the same happened.

The variety you list as Mr, Stripey was not released by the Glasshouse research inst in England as Mr Stripey, it was released as Tigerella, so I think that's how it should be listed. The other two from the same initial cross were Tangella and Craigella. And yes, some folks started calling it Mr Stripey.

All for now, I was reading quickly.

I should have some good new ones for you to trial but don't have the seeds back to me yet.

I see you've left out some of the info, maybe it's in the click on more, where I didn't go, and I'm remembering that you used to say it was Stanley Zubrowski in Canada who did those crosses and sent them to me and you got the Stupice X Brandywine one from me, and since you are the ONLY one I know of who carried through and stabilized a cross, I've said it before and I'm saying it again, and that's congratulations.

Carolyn