Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 25, 2014   #61
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Santa brought me a copy that is due for delivery next week. I can't wait! That and a package of store bought assorted color cherries which for store bought tomatoes weren't bad.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2014   #62
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

HA!! It was nice to see Shannon's tomato in Craig's top 250 list in the book!

It may be an absolutely microscopic contribution to the tomato world but I'm proud of her!!

97 pages into it and I am EXTREMELY impressed!!

Now I have to travel to see family so I won't have to best chances to keep reading but I'm bringing it with me!!

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2014   #63
Keiththibodeaux
Tomatovillian™

Default The book has arrived.

Lookie what I got in the mail today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg (334.2 KB, 234 views)
Keiththibodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2014   #64
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Thanks, all, for your continued posts in this thread!

And don't forget....head for Amazon and do whatever review that you think that the effort deserves!

Here's hoping everyone is enjoying their holidays!
Old December 26, 2014   #65
Tomato Beth
Tomatovillian™

Mine arrived Christmas Eve Day! It was a very nice gift for me!
Old December 26, 2014   #66
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

I received notice today that mine has shipped! Looking forward to it, Craig!
Old December 27, 2014   #67
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Actually, I wanted to elaborate a bit on why it is really helpful for me for you to go review the book on Amazon - or, if appropriate, Barnes and Noble (or both)....the number of reviews of a book elevate it in terms of how Amazon highlights it. Since my "new" career will be garden writing and workshops, it does put food on the table so to speak - this is how Sue and I will be making it going forward (helped a bit by seedling sales and quilts and crafts that Sue sells) - the more people note the book, the more it sells - which is what the publisher (Storey) wants - which will induce them to want me to write more books for them.

Hence me being a bit of a pest on inducing reviews from those who get my book!

Thanks for listening - back to garden planning!

Happy New Year, by the way - just a few days left in 2014 - unbelievable!
Old December 27, 2014   #68
kayrobbins
Tomatovillian™

It does help you sell more books but it also helps Amazon customers. I make a lot of purchases on Amazon and I always read reviews to help me make decisions. We all knew your book would be good because we read your post here but not everyone shopping at Amazon has heard of you. There are a lot of books on tomatoes there and not all of them are good.
kayrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2014   #69
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctomatoman View Post
Actually, I wanted to elaborate a bit on why it is really helpful for me for you to go review the book on Amazon - or, if appropriate, Barnes and Noble (or both)....the number of reviews of a book elevate it in terms of how Amazon highlights it. Since my "new" career will be garden writing and workshops, it does put food on the table so to speak - this is how Sue and I will be making it going forward (helped a bit by seedling sales and quilts and crafts that Sue sells) - the more people note the book, the more it sells - which is what the publisher (Storey) wants - which will induce them to want me to write more books for them.

Hence me being a bit of a pest on inducing reviews from those who get my book!

Thanks for listening - back to garden planning!

Happy New Year, by the way - just a few days left in 2014 - unbelievable!
Craig, I read your post a few days ago and started wondering who sent in for reviews for my book so I decided to go to Amazon and take a look. But I got a surprise without even looking at my book.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...carolyn+j+Male

There we were, you and me at the top of that page and I just started laughing b'c who would have thought that both of us would ever end up writing tomato books when we first met via SSE listings back in about 1989.

And who the heck would ever pay almost $200 for a used copy of my book as was also listed and the spread on my used book from $30 and up

I don't have the time to read my reviews right now but remember being ticked off at the Amazon review since the person said my book was for tomato snobs/

Carolyn
Old December 30, 2014   #70
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Default Availability info on my new (first!) tomato book - Epic Tomatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Craig, I read your post a few days ago and started wondering who sent in for reviews for my book so I decided to go to Amazon and take a look. But I got a surprise without even looking at my book.

There we were, you and me at the top of that page and I just started laughing b'c who would have thought that both of us would ever end up writing tomato books when we first met via SSE listings back in about 1989.

And who the heck would ever pay almost $200 for a used copy of my book as was also listed and the spread on my used book from $30 and up

I don't have the time to read my reviews right now but remember being ticked off at the Amazon review since the person said my book was for tomato snobs/

Carolyn

So, out of curiosity, I went to Amazon and entered "Carolyn Male" in the search bar. Your book was first on the list, Craig's was third, and sitting between you was a novel call "Male Order Bride" with a muscular, shirt open, cowboy on the cover...😳
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2014   #71
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
So, out of curiosity, I went to Amazon and entered "Carolyn Male" in the search bar. Your book was first on the list, Craig's was third, and sitting between you was a novel call "Male Order Bride" with a muscular, shirt open, cowboy on the cover...😳
So I just opened up that link again, and Male Order Bride is at the BOTTOM of the whole page.

Yes, it says Carolyn, then a stop mark/Male but Amazon does that in linking to books that have either Male as part of the name, or whatever.

So nothing sitting between the first listing for my book and Craig's, just a continuing list of referrences to used copies of mine.

Here it is again>

I must admit that I saw on my browser last year the 2014 calendar with those good looking guys holding pets, all done for charity work, but I already have my 2015 calendar, so no interest from me.

Carolyn

Carolyn
Old December 30, 2014   #72
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
So I just opened up that link again, and Male Order Bride is at the BOTTOM of the whole page.

Yes, it says Carolyn, then a stop mark/Male but Amazon does that in linking to books that have either Male as part of the name, or whatever.

So nothing sitting between the first listing for my book and Craig's, just a continuing list of referrences to used copies of mine.

Here it is again>

I must admit that I saw on my browser last year the 2014 calendar with those good looking guys holding pets, all done for charity work, but I already have my 2015 calendar, so no interest from me.

Carolyn

Carolyn
Carolyn I looked at the link and saw where some of the people were trying to sell your book for almost $200, I'm sitting on a gold mine.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2014   #73
crazyoldgooseman
Tomatovillian™

We had a rainy day last week and I made it through about 80% of the book gave it 5 stars on Amazon!

Thanks Craig!

I have too many seeds now. What will I do? LOL

-crazyoldgooseman
crazyoldgooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2014   #74
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

It's funny--whenever I click one of the links it takes me to a random Amazon page with books that have nothing to do with tomatoes, which is why I did the search. And the reason "Male Order Bride" came up ahead of Craig's book is probably because the author's first name is Carolyn!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2014   #75
KatherineB
Tomatovillian™

Wow, very impressive. Just ordered from Amazon. Looking forward to digging in, pun intended, lol.
KatherineB is offline   Reply With Quote