Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old June 19, 2013   #1
Ed of Somis
Tomatovillian™

Default AZOMITE in containers...

Do you tomato gurus use azomite in your tomato containers??? I read amazing things online about results. I am wondering if it is all hype???
Ed of Somis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2013   #2
TightenUp
Tomatovillian™

i did last season with great results but have nothing to compare to as it was my first time growing in containers

i used in con★★★★★★★★ with happy frog tomato and veg ferts and bio bizz biogrow liquid fert. i used organic miracle grow potting mix, vigoro potting mix, and ocean forest potting mix in my containers. all got added perlite as well

TightenUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2013   #3
simmran1
Tomatovillian™

Ed of Somis,

Most of my containers are woven grow bags, but I do have a solid (plastic container)
that I’ve always grown a smaller-type plant in like Mountain Princess.
I have 3-4” of river rock in the bottom over (4) ¼” drain holes. 6” of potting mix, then the top 4” are enriched with azomite, rock phosphate, and Espoma Tomatotone®.
This year I’m growing Mr. Bruno in that container from Glecklers and it’s doing fine.
Old June 21, 2013   #4
tqn626
Tomatovillian™

I've been using azomite in my container mix with great results. But I also add a lot of other stuff; kelp meal, bone meal, bat guano, crab meal ,etc.

A little bit of everything doesn't hurt. It not that expensive either if you're able to get the 44lb bag for 23 dollars.
tqn626 is offline   Reply With Quote