Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

SPLATT™ event information and discussion forum. South Carolina Piedmont Lycospersicum Annual Tomato Tasting

Old April 20, 2011   #1
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Default Announcing Splatt VI

This years event will once again be at my home. Early birds requested and appreciated to help with set up. Festivities to begin at noon on Saturday July 16. The same Bluegrass band, Sugarloaf mountain boys, will play again starting at 12:30 till 2:30. As usual I will provide bread and mayo for some good ole tomato sandwhiches. Look forward to seeing everyone again. Rodger
Old April 28, 2011   #2
JimM_SC
Tomatovillian™

I am looking forward to being there again this year. Last year was a great event. Lots of good tomatoes, good people, great music and wonderful BLT's. For those who aren't familiar, Rodger has a fantastic heirloom farming operation. There will be lots of interesting show and tell and Rodger is a natural speaker and educator.
Rodger, I'll contact you as we get closer to the date to see what I can do to lend a hand.
Jim
Old June 25, 2011   #3
rodger
Tomatovillian™

The time is getting closer. I need as many tomatovillers out there with tomatoes to come and help me out this year. I was late getting my plants in the ground and with the heat they are not producing. Regardless of the amount of tomatoes I will have the tasting. There will be a bluesgrass band the same band as last year, Sugar Loaf Mountain Boys. See my website for directions and details and this has to be one of the best looking gardens I have had in years. So come out for an afternoon of fun and let me show off my gardens . www.rodgersheirlooms.com
Old June 26, 2011   #4
winterfly
Tomatovillian™

My friend, Richard, and I will bring as many varieties as we can. We have three gardens to choose from.