Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

SPLATT™ event information and discussion forum. South Carolina Piedmont Lycospersicum Annual Tomato Tasting

Old April 18, 2012   #1
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Default Splatt 2012

This years event will be at my home again in Little Mountain South Carolina. Little Mountain is 35miles NW of Columbia right off I-26. The date is July 21 from 9-4. I plan to do tours at 9 10:30 and 2pm. I will provide bread tomatoes and Dukes for the sandwhiches and I will also have dozens of varieties of heirloom tomatoes to sample. I am requesting others bring their tomatoes even if just one to add to all the other varieties that will be present. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Last edited by rodger; July 15, 2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason: new info
Old July 15, 2012   #2
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Default Splatt 2012

It is that time again, the 8th annual tomato tasting in Little Mountain SC on July 21st from 9-4pm at my home. This is an informal drop in to taste tomatoes tour my gardens and ask questions and enjoy a fresh tomato sandwhich . I would like to personnally invite you to attend. Details are on my website www.rodgersheirlooms.com top right tab labeled Tomato Tasting info. Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can have an approximate head count. I want everyone to have a sandwhich and a glass of tea. Look forward to seeing you. Rodger Winn
Old July 16, 2012   #3
meadowyck
Tomatovillian™

Great garden and looks like a wonderful tomato tasting gathering.

Isn't it amazing who much you can get from an acre of land.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
-Theodore Roosevelt
Old July 20, 2012   #4
JimM_SC
Tomatovillian™

Tomatovillians,
If you live within easy driving distance of Central South Carolina you should plan to attend SPLATT on Saturday. Rodger and his wife are wonderful hosts and Rodger has some unusual plants and growing techniques. You are sure to have a good time, taste some interesting tomatoes and you just might learn something. Hope to see you Saturday,
Jim
Old July 24, 2012   #5
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Thanks to everyone who came Jim, thanks for coming Millard and Carl as always thanks for driving down and bringing tomatoes wish I had got to speak to you both. Holly your cherry tomatoes were great and again I wish I had sopken to you next time don't leave until you find me I look forward to each year to see and speak to everyone. everyone else I hope you had a good time . 99 people signed the guest list but probably 150 in attendance. The band decided to show to taste tomatoes and play some music. Unfortunately a few things went wrong. I made the tea but used the wrong dilution rate and it was basically colored water way too weak. Sorry, secondly I never assigned anyone to take pictures therfore I have no pictures to post. If anyone took some please post . Even with the heat I had tons of tomatoes for sandwhiches and there were three tables of tomatoes to sample. Thanks to everyone who brought tomatoes and I look forward to next year. Rodger