Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 8, 2012   #226
gixxerific
Tomatovillian™

Good to see things get resolved.
gixxerific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2012   #227
livinonfaith
Tomatovillian™

I just don't understand how things got to this in the first place.

They have known for over a year that people were upset about them using pictures that weren't their own. People have asked them to take out those photos. People have offered to help with correcting some of their misinformation. (And HAVE helped, when invited) And Penny even changed most of the tomato names back to the originals, so she seemed to be listening and responding to feedback. Where did it go wrong?

Given that whole year of knowledge, how hard would it have been to take a few pics this past year of each of their tomatoes so that they could replace the ones that weren't theirs? Or to contact a few tomato growers and either ask for, or purchase, legal pictures of those varieties?

Last edited by livinonfaith; December 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Don't want to stir the pot too much
livinonfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2012   #228
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

My impression from some of the earlier posts was that Pennys motive was never so much to play fair as to gain status as one of the preferred vendors listed on TomatoVille.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2012   #229
livinonfaith
Tomatovillian™

Okay, Linda, go ahead and stir that pot!

That's pretty much how I felt and what I just took out of my previous statement, but yours was much more succinct.
livinonfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2012   #230
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

LOL Thats me. Always trying to help out!
Old December 8, 2012   #231
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun City Linda View Post
My impression from some of the earlier posts was that Pennys motive was never so much to play fair as to gain status as one of the preferred vendors listed on TomatoVille.

We can see where that motive got her too.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2012   #232
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

And one wonders WHY she would ever have cared so much about being listed on a site she now defines, depending on the post, as well known mafia, communist, or natzi?
Old December 8, 2012   #233
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

I've always took their two sites as talking infomercials and pitchmanship to an extreme. It gives me the feel that they are Prima donnas or Divas. I understand the need to promote yourself, but I like good solid information not overstated hype.
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2012   #234
WillysWoodPile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
I know I promised some details, but I'm limited in what I can say. Pepper Joe and I have reached an agreement, which constitutes a legal contract. He has taken down my picture from the Pennystomtoes website, and I have stopped my pursuit of litigation.

As for me, I will make no further comment on this matter at this time.
Well done Ted.
Old December 10, 2012   #235
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Below are links to unretouched screenshots of a thread at another site where Penny and Joe have been welcomed with open arms and related best-buddyisms. I can't say I'm surprised. As a matter of fact, I fully anticipated it.

It begins as yet another rant against Tomatoville and its' "captain" but as you read on, you'll see their own "captains" steer their ship deeper into the fog... and straight into an iceberg.

Joe's true colors come shining through in his post on page six, where he disrespects both Tania and Carol Knapp (called "C" in his post) - two members in good standing and excellent reputation in the tomato community.

Joe Arditi - you were born to wear clown shoes. Tell your imaginary legal team I'm still waiting to be served your imaginary lawsuit HAHAHAHAHA! And oh yeah TM TM TM etc.

Click here for page 1

Click here for page 2

Click here for page 3

Click here for page 4

Click here for page 5

Click here for page 6

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2012   #236
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

WOW SnickeringBear nailed it on Page 6 almost on the bottom of the page
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2012   #237
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

This post from Darjones SnickeringBear page 6 from above post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 9.jpg (79.1 KB, 193 views)
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2012   #238
kurt
Tomatovillian™

http://thepepperseed.com/peppers/pep...per-is-coming/ Not only is pepperjoe making up claims on tomatoe sites and his "reflex" bashing ,name calling,threats etc.Here is what some real "pepperphiles"think of the klutz.I kinda feel sorry for Penny now caus it looks like pepperjoe is calling all the shots.Seems like his making up names,"engineering"new varietys are almost a duplicate of what you see on the mater site.What really is funny though is no mention of a "farm"pictures of, etc.Can't wait to see what his reaction will be to this new information posted.
Old December 10, 2012   #239
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I did read all the pages to date and how sad I felt to read much of what I read.

I've not posted in this thread before and have just some of my own opinions to share. First, I was surprised to see what some folks I know posted in that thread, whether for good or bad, or posting at all, re Tville and relate dissues.

And there were many wrong comments made, that I know, but this is not the place for me to make any attempts at correcting them.

My own philosophy about individuals is that not one person is all bad/negative about subjects/issues/persons and not one person is all good about the same. So take the good and try to ignore the bad which I admit is often hard to do.

Constructive communication between individuals with differing opinions I think is most desirable, but in this instance there are many who post at The Depot who don't post here, and vice versa. But there is a goodly amount of cross pollination, if you will. What does bother me a lot is when someone posts an opinion at one site and then posts a different opinion about the same subject/issue/person, at a different site.

What I intensely prefer is that no direct attacks be made on idivuduals at any message site, and that certain inviduals could be more be more receptive of constructive criticism at any message site.

Some will say that perhaps I live in a fantasy world with what I wish for, and perhaps that's true, but I don't live in that world all of the time and do understand the concept of reality.

As many of you know I recently was without a computer for about three weeks, and it was then that I fully appreciated the fact that over my years online, actually since about 1982, I've made some wonderful friends. Some I've lost contact with for one reason or another and intend to try and rectify that in the coming days, months and year.

Carolyn
Old December 10, 2012   #240
baileyj
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn,

I agree with your sentiment about no direct attacks, and I also sometimes think I have unrealistic expectations when it comes to communicating with others especially during conflict.
Communicating is the most difficult during conflict and we need to be the most careful to not make mean-spirited comments, pass on 1/2 truths etc..which will not help with resolution of the problem.

I also have been off the grid for a while and got caught up on this thread yesterday...it is a shame I spent so much time reading every entry...so much energy from so many members, myself included.

At this point it is not a question for me of who is right/wrong....in my opinion, I need to take a break from it all and allow this issue to resolve and those directly involved to heal. I admire those who stayed respectful, open minded and supportive...

I also agree with the comment on the other site about how "the pen is mightier than the sword" (now the keyboard...) and that you should be willing to look the person in the eye and make your comments, otherwise perhaps those comments should not be made.

Politics and feelings aside...we are all here for the Tomatoes !

JB
baileyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy