Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old February 17, 2016   #16
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Nah, I kinda like em. But aren't you proud of my restraint? Hehe.
I am VERY proud of your restraint, so proud that I may even send you tomato seeds for maybe 50 varieties that you know nothing about, but maybe I won't, now that I've had 10 sec to think about it.

Carolyn
Old February 17, 2016   #17
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I am VERY proud of your restraint, so proud that I may even send you tomato seeds for maybe 50 varieties that you know nothing about, but maybe I won't, now that I've had 10 sec to think about it.

Carolyn
Funny you mentioned seeds. You will be getting a package from me that a friend of yours requested for me to send you.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2016   #18
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Etsy is another site to peruse if you are considering purchasing from ebay. I have seen at least one vendor sell the same product on both sites, and the price was lower on Etsy.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2016   #19
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Funny you mentioned seeds. You will be getting a package from me that a friend of yours requested for me to send you.
I'm absolutely delighted I still have friends.

And if they are new varieties I don't have I'm in still more trouble since I have so many new ones from Ilex in Spain, Vladimir in the Czech Republic, from Patty b, Charline in France,and on and on,some ready to go and some for distribution to my seed producers for this summer.

Right now it's clear that I will have to get some extra seed producers,and will do that when I add up everything I have

Carolyn, getting used to a new mouse and also typing on her her new backlighted keyboard,currently blue keys, but by hitting a button can also get red or purple, and desperately waiting for Wayne, my computer man and friend,to bring new speakers since mine are busted and he gently pointed out to me that we have not had new speakers since 3 computers ago. So very quiet,too quiet for me right now.
Old February 18, 2016   #20
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I know she has a website and I once had the URL so could you please link to it here so others could also see it.

As to wrong histories,I haven't a clue as to which ones I helped her with,too many years ago and I don't think it was the IS/IZ situation.

Her main interest has always been varieties grown in her own area that were in some way connected to what the slaves grew,but since I haven't seen her website lately I don't really know what she now lists.

Carolyn
Not seeing anyone give me a link to her site I tried to find it and via Google the linik stopped my computer coldand I had to backout and restart.

But then I found this thread here at Tville

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.ph...el+field+farms

And I was able to open it and it's really totally different from what I knew before.

Lots of new varieties having nothing to do with the contraband slaves which were the ones I tried to help with and the ones that she asked someone local to also help with but was no help.

So I'm glad I did find it.

Carolyn
Old February 18, 2016   #21
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Not seeing anyone give me a link to her site I tried to find it and via Google the linik stopped my computer coldand I had to backout and restart.

But then I found this thread here at Tville

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.ph...el+field+farms

And I was able to open it and it's really totally different from what I knew before.

Lots of new varieties having nothing to do with the contraband slaves which were the ones I tried to help with and the ones that she asked someone local to also help with but was no help.

So I'm glad I did find it.

Carolyn
I did edit the link into my original post last night.I think it might be a new website, the one I went to a few weeks ago was fast, this one was slow.Here is her EBAY link and as you can tell she has a very good reputation as a seed seller.Everyone says the seeds germinate fine and the tomatoes are as described on her site.Organic too and good prices.What more can you ask of a seed seller?And her histories are very interesting too.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/angelfieldtomatoes?rt=nc
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2016   #22
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaeagle View Post
I did edit the link into my original post last night.I think it might be a new website, the one I went to a few weeks ago was fast, this one was slow.Here is her EBAY link and as you can tell she has a very good reputation as a seed seller.Everyone says the seeds germinate fine and the tomatoes are as described on her site.Organic too and good prices.What more can you ask of a seed seller?And her histories are very interesting too.

Thanks for the link and I did go through all of it and other than some varieties that are not spelled correctly and some varieties said to be heirlooms and are not, and I didn 't read but a few histories ,it's all good.

Carolyn
Old February 21, 2016   #23
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

OK here is the scoop on Angel Field Tomatoes.I put in an order late Thursday night for one pack of 10 Indian Stripe Potato Leaf seeds for 1.49 and free shipping just to see how good her service was.

The seeds came in the mail Saturday.That is quick.Packaged nicely with an introduction from Joyce and what she is all about and instructions on how and when to plant and other good info too.Also some bubble wrap to protect the seeds.

I ordered 10 seeds and got over 50.I am not sure she would be that generous all the time but I was surprised,Oh and a free pack of Great White tomato seeds.

Based on the reviews at EBAY and I don't think you can fake those, I believe this lady is among the best.My experience so far is an A++++
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2016   #24
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaeagle View Post
OK here is the scoop on Angel Field Tomatoes.I put in an order late Thursday night for one pack of 10 Indian Stripe Potato Leaf seeds for 1.49 and free shipping just to see how good her service was.

The seeds came in the mail Saturday.That is quick.Packaged nicely with an introduction from Joyce and what she is all about and instructions on how and when to plant and other good info too.Also some bubble wrap to protect the seeds.

I ordered 10 seeds and got over 50.I am not sure she would be that generous all the time but I was surprised,Oh and a free pack of Great White tomato seeds.

Based on the reviews at EBAY and I don't think you can fake those, I believe this lady is among the best.My experience so far is an A++++
I'm so glad to hear that.

It thasn't been easy for Joyce in the past,for when she first started here it was almost impossible to read what she posted and she apologized all the time for her dyslexia.

She last posted here at Tville on Sept 15th, 2015.

So I wish her well,I really do.

Carolyn
Old March 5, 2016   #25
Urbanheirlooms
Tomatovillian™

Over the past several years, I have ordered many of my seeds on Ebay. I could usually save some money by doing so. Although most of my purchases have worked out well, I also have had some issues. I purchased some Mr. Stripey seeds from a seller and ended up with Red Zebras. I bought some Chocolate Stripes last year and don't know what exactly I got, they were striped, but smaller and certainly different in color and taste. Probably not a stable seed variety. Fortunately, I had some seeds left over from the year before and had 4-5 nice plants with good fruit (those seeds came from Tomatofest).

I decided this year to purchase all of my tomato seeds from Tatiana's & Baker Creek in the hopes to get stable seeds and exactly what I order. Most of the packs were $2.50 for about 15 seeds.

Joe
Urbanheirlooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2016   #26
Junebug2016
Tomatovillian™

I ordered some tomato seeds from Papadennis this year and every seed I planted sprouted. I ordered Pink Brandywine (Sudduth's,) Eva Purple Ball, and Dad's Sunset, which I hadn't heard of before but I bought it just because of the name! They came quickly, well packaged, good prices & good communication. I've seen his posts on this board and I highly recommend him!
Junebug2016 is offline   Reply With Quote