Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old June 25, 2012   #16
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedln View Post
Worth,

If you had made your water from that magnetically neutral water at the North Pole near Prudhoe Bay, you may have lost 100 lbs. Of course, if the earth reverses polarity; you may gain 100 lbs. I understand the North Pole water is more effective when the Aurora Borealis is most active.

Ted
Ted I think they need to get out the tar and feathers like they did to the snake oil salesmen in the old days.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2012   #17
tedln

Worth,

What is the old saying? "If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, then baffle them with your BS".

Ted

Last edited by tedln; June 26, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old June 27, 2012   #18
carroll49
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedln View Post
Worth,

What is the old saying? "If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, then baffle them with your BS".

Ted
If by chance, one should lose too much weight by consuming "North Pole Water" then you should be able to gain a few pounds by drinking " South Pole Water "...the reverse flow and all?
Bill
carroll49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2012   #19
tedln

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll49 View Post
If by chance, one should lose too much weight by consuming "North Pole Water" then you should be able to gain a few pounds by drinking " South Pole Water "...the reverse flow and all?
Bill
There is even an environmental movement to ban the possession of dihydrogen monoxide because it kills thousands of people every year and is found in almost every home. It is sometimes known as h20 and by some people as water. It is amazing how water is able to generate so many scams.

I'm not kidding! Someone posted a dire warning, proven by science; of the extreme danger of dihydrogen monoixide on a few environmentalist websites. A movement to ban it was quickly spawned with many calling for congressional action. Someone then informed them they were trying to ban water.

Ted

Last edited by tedln; June 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old June 27, 2012   #20
JamesL
Tomatovillian™

Ted,
I had read that about that hoax as well. Classic hysteria by spinning some science terms. A very funny object lesson.
The wiki on it is worth a read.
On of the descriptors of DHMO - fatal if inhaled (we are talking about water) and related to the growing of food - in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

"brought to widespread public attention in 1997 when Nathan Zohner, a 14-year-old student, gathered petitions to ban "DHMO" as the basis of his science project, titled "How Gullible Are We?"
JamesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2012   #21
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

My two rules of thumb...if it is advertised, it probably isn't as good as they say - and if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is. Then again, I am very cynical!
Old June 27, 2012   #22
carroll49
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctomatoman View Post
My two rules of thumb...if it is advertised, it probably isn't as good as they say - and if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is. Then again, I am very cynical!
Craig., Those are words that I live by.

Bill
carroll49 is offline   Reply With Quote