Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 26, 2017   #1
MdTNGrdner

Default Solimary

Has anyone grown this one? Tatiana's describes it as a small to medium red cherry developed by French breeder Franck Combesque. Just curious if it would fit to replace Camp Joy/ Chadwick Cherry, which just didn't do it for me this year, taste-wise. Any info appreciated.
Old October 26, 2017   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdTNGrdner View Post
Has anyone grown this one? Tatiana's describes it as a small to medium red cherry developed by French breeder Franck Combesque. Just curious if it would fit to replace Camp Joy/ Chadwick Cherry, which just didn't do it for me this year, taste-wise. Any info appreciated.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Soli...&bih=815&dpr=1

Carolyn,who actually likes Camp Joy/Chadwick Cherry very much, Maybe try it in a different year since no two years are the same as to weather and all the other varibles that go into taste?But yes,there's always that ringer that not all humans taste tomatoes the same since there
is also a human genetic component involved.
Old October 26, 2017   #3
MdTNGrdner

Thanks Carolyn, I will give Camp Joy another try and usually do that for my 'duds'. Once in a while the original problem is just operator error and I'll get a nice surprise the second time around! Or as you say, weather related.

Solimary is listed at Tania's on the 2017 new additions page and it just caught my eye. As another potential I may give it a go.