Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating beans, peas, peanuts, clover and vetch.

Old March 13, 2007   #1
Volvo
Tomatovillian™

Default Llloonnnggg Snake BEANS

Just haveta spill the beans(spill the beans ) and confess ive been outdone with my Snake beans ...
Visited a mate down south over the weekend who just moved into his new abode and his wife planted out some snake bean seeds given to her by some Friend??...
She showed me her most recent crop!!!!!!!!!!!!, they was Awsome and close to a meter in length ....
Thick like my forefinger, okay abouts 12-14ml or thereabaouts?????...
I begged n promised to think about mowing her lawns fer her for the rest of her natural life if her hubby ever happened to do a runner on her just fer a few Seeds ......
Now i have ta wait n wait n wait nn nn wait till she saves some seed for me..
Made her Promise to i did.....
Would it be the new soil fer her thats doing it or do i need to do more of sumthin or other to get mine to shine like hers as i'm near sure the seed might be of the same variety as mine?? ..
She did say the seed was of the red variety, hence my thinking seeds are simmilar...
Okay i fess, i was jealouse.....
Now that i have that outa my system i might be able to sleep tonight....
And Your Better Best
Volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2007   #2
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Peter -- beans like good soil, so that might be a factor, but hard to say for sure unless you know if it's the same variety. Depending on the variety, some of the "yard long" beans can get a couple of feet long or so.

I'd like to grow chinese red noodle beans one of these days, maybe next year.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote